What to clean shiny/slick away with before 303 Protectant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a used truck and the dash and plastics look good, but shiny slick. It's the first truck Ive bought that's actually nice enough to want to keep that way.

What is a good safe product to clean and remove what ever the previous owner used before I use the 303? I didn't order the 303 cleaner.. Should you always clean before the 303 Protectant?

And what's the best way to protect paint, fabric, glass and chrome from other nearby detailing projects? It seems I spend more time cleaning off the adjacent surface than the surface I'm working on.

Thanks!

Thanks guys. Ive read simple green is popular but not so much according to the professional detailing community, and Meguiars D101 APC would be the winner.

Krud Kutter has great reviews, but it sounds pretty harsh and more intended for bug removal. But I think its a toss up between the Krud Kutter and Meguiars APC

Any suggestions on how to keep detailing confined to the space your working on? The only solution I can come up with is taping it off, or holding card board to the edge..

Last edited:
“....Any suggestions on how to keep detailing confined to the space your working on? The only solution I can come up with is taping it off, or holding card board to the edge....”

If this is the interior I only spray product on the rag or microfiber itself then apply.

Originally Posted By: Mikek13
Thanks guys. Ive read simple green is popular but not so much according to the professional detailing community, and Meguiars D101 APC would be the winner.

Krud Kutter has great reviews, but it sounds pretty harsh and more intended for bug removal. But I think its a toss up between the Krud Kutter and Meguiars APC

Any suggestions on how to keep detailing confined to the space your working on? The only solution I can come up with is taping it off, or holding card board to the edge..

Yes Krud Kutter is strong, you should dilute it 50/50 for interior plastics. It cleans well though and its not too expensive for a gallon.

"how to keep detailing confined to the space your working on"
Use this, just spray it all over. I was skeptical but it really works very well.

You don't have to worry any more about getting the dash cleaner on the windows as it cleans both.

This cleans glass and dash and is good on my GPS screen.

Turtle Wax T-930 Dash and Glass Protectant with Foaming Trigger
https://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Wax-Protec...&dpSrc=srch

Combines glass and interior cleaning in one easy step
New polymer technology encapsulates dirt and grime for an effective clean on glass, plastic and vinyl
Provides UVA/UVB protection
Neutralizes odors on contact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back