What temperature do you have your A/C set on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
73 degrees and the ceiling fan is running.

Same thing here..I have no idea how anyone can sleep with the temperature set at 76 or higher.

When I was young, Birth to 18 years of age, my family had no Air Conditioner. I was able to get a good night sleep with the windows open. When it got 85+ degrees, my dad would take the oscillating fan out. Oil, heating and Air conditioning made my body weaker. Long live human strength!

78 and it still runs every 15 mins or so. I need to spray foam my walls and tint my west windows. East end is a garage.

82 when we need it. Sometimes it is nice to set it lower to sleep, but it just gets too cold then.

It is VERY easy to get spoiled by the AC and oversensitive to the heat.

Originally Posted By: Nick R
...I like it cold, and I need white noise like a fan, to sleep.

Ha. Me too. I run a fan every single night of the year while I sleep. If I don't have the fan noise I just lay there and stare at the ceiling. I thoght I was the only sicko with that disorder.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI

Ha. Me too. I run a fan every single night of the year while I sleep. If I don't have the fan noise I just lay there and stare at the ceiling. I thoght I was the only sicko with that disorder.
grin.gif

Far from it I have to do the same. My boy is the same. I like the added air flow also.

I'm a fan sleeper as well. We're kind of spoiled out here in the arid high plains because even when it gets to 95 degrees during the day, it'll cool off to the mid to low 60s at night. The best way to cool off is stick a big fan in a few windows and suck in the cool nighttime air. Close the house up in the morning and I don't have to fire up the A/C until I get home or mid to late afternoon.

I have to have a fan all year to sleep now because the noise helps me sleep.

80 all the time. The thermostat is upstairs. It's a few degrees cooler downstairs. We have a table top fan, and ceiling fan in all bedrooms.

Originally Posted By: sleddriver
81 deg. F. When I leave: 85 F. I have ceiling fans on and sleep under one. I don't like to be hot either. However, being a native Texan you adapt. My house is quite dry: 36% RH. That makes all the difference. If it was >50% RH, I'd be sweating and setting the T-stat around 77.

^This. 81 inside / 85 when I'm not around (keeps the candles from melting).

We also have 6 ceiling fans in our house.

The master bedroom suite (and other bedrooms) in zone 1 are set to drop to 68 at night, and go up to 78 during the day. The main rooms of the house in zone 2 are set to 78 overnight and 74 during the day. The lower level in zone 3 is set at 76 all the time, but is usually cooler because half of the outside walls are underground.

If we're gone for more than a day I put the system in vacation mode that keeps the entire house at 80.

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI

grin.gif

You guys are not alone! From the time I was a teenager up until I met my ex wife, I slept with a large noisy square fan on me all the time, even in the winter! I just needed the noise most of the time, but in the warmer months the cool air from the fan was a bonus
smile.gif

When she first moved in with me I stopped using the fan, and for about 13 years I got used to sleeping without the noise of the fan. But now that we're split up, I'm back to my old ways and am sleeping with the fan running once again! Old habits die hard!
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: mikered30
Originally Posted By: JRed
If I'm in an environment with central AC where I have control of the thermostat - 65F.

Window unit? As low as it'll go on the highest fan setting.

X2. I dont know how people sleep with the thermostat set at 78. I pay dearly for AC in the summer, but make up for it in the winter.

You need a properly sized system that removes the humidity.

62. Central unit (Trane) never stops. Cause it's hard to stop one.
wink.gif
From May till October. Keep the filter changed and unit serviced, it's all good. Sound familiar automotive types? Life is too short. 78? What's the point? Turn it off and go commando. I'm talking south Louisiana "it's not the heat it's the humidity" Swamp People heat index readings. Paid a price after Katrina pulled the plug for two weeks in terms of initial heat intolerance in spite of a generator. Exhausted, sick, disoriented. Temporary. Guess I'll evacuate to Chicago next time. In the mean time, "Choot 'Em!" I'm also in the fan generated white noise club. From growing up with a huge attic ceiling fan in less fortunate times. Never more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back