What oils currently in your stash

Status
Not open for further replies.
3qts of Toyota 0W16. Bought a case when I mentioned it at the dealer (when it wasn't in their system) and wanted to experiment an OCI on my truck. Thought about it and it's gotta be crazy thin for a truck engine. So I ended up mixing it with 4qts 5W30 + 3qts 0W16 to make a thin 30W oil.

Originally Posted By: Variant_S
Quote:
^^^^^That is pretty cool. Pennzoil with Z-7, what year(s) would those cans date to? A blast from the past.

My hunch is 1975-ish. They are all 10W, which was part of my winter brew in my 64 VW. Chicago winters were pretty cold then.

[img:gal: left out [/img]

I'm trying to think what oil in cans with cardboard sides I purchased and used in that time frame. Iirc, I think I bought a case of Gulf Motor Oil on sale at a Zayre store, likely 10w30.

Thanks for the reply.

I've used up my stash and keep 1 oil changes worth of filters and oil in reserve so that way I have the latest inventory / spec's when I go to use it.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
I've used up my stash and keep 1 oil changes worth of filters and oil in reserve so that way I have the latest inventory / spec's when I go to use it.

SJ/GF3 is the spec for my truck.
SM is the spec for my Scion.
SL for the rest of the vehicles I service

All my oil is SN so will work just fine for me and all the vehicles I service.

The only issue I may ever have is if I buy a DI engine in the next 2 years that specs SN+ oil, but I have no plans for that (next vehicle will probably be a '17/'18 Grand Caravan or a '16/'17 Sorento/Santa Fe in a year or so, and those are SM/SN) ...

I keep saying I will let my stash shrink, but then they keep throwing oil at me for super cheap (like the Pennzoil clearance at Walmart with a stacked rebate, they paid me to get it).
Maybe I will banish myself from this site from Nov to Jan so I am not tempted. LOL. I have tried to stop going to the sales/rebates sub-forum, but it is hard.

Oil - 0W20 (quarts)
3 Mobil 1 EP Syn
9 Napa Syn

Oil - 5W30 (quarts)
14 Havoline Pro DS Syn
6 Napa Syn
5 Pennzoil Platinum Syn
5Mobil 1 AFE
10 Valvoline Full Syn Advanced

Oil - 10W30 (quarts)
10 Havoline Pro DS Syn
6 Castrol Magnatec Syn Blend