what no kendall oil users????

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Kendall at AutoZone here. Pennzoil/Quakerstate has the lions share of the bulk market, expecially new car dealer service departments. Shell and 76 products are popular with marine and industrial users.

quote:

Originally posted by Ojustracing:
...Kendall will no longer be making a conventional oil in the common weights, 5/20,5/30,10/30, they are being replaced with Semi-Syn Only. So you will be getting a Semi-syn Oil for about the price of a Dino Oil...

According to the ConocoPhillips press release that announced the conventional 5W-20 and 5W-30 reformulations to syn-blends effective 08/16/04, the four brands' 10W-30s won't get their turn until spring at the latest. It would be nice if it happens sooner, though.

I always was fond of Kendall. In the late 80's/early 90's, I drove to a ways, to find KENDALL ELITE synthetic. Wasn't a lot of synthetics choices back then. The weight was 5-50, which was also something you didn't see. Then one day...whoosh! Gone. I didn't see a synthetic Kendall product till the other night. In of ALL places a Circle K fill'er-up for close to $6 a qt.!
shocked.gif

You can buy the original "Kendal " products.

The original refinery in Bradford Pa. is still

making products with PA. crude. Under the Brad

Penn name.

For those of us in the NY or PA area, valu home centers often sells kendall by the case for around $1/qt. They'll have pallet loads of 10w-30 & 5w-30. I've used it on/off for years without issue. Yet another one for the 3-5K mile OCI catagory motor oil!
G/luck
Joel

Kendall, 76, CircleK, Conoco, and Phillips are all brand names of ConocoPhillips Corp. I've looked at some data sheets for Kendall and 76 oils, and they look the same to me. With the new formulations for ILSAC GF-4 & API SM expect more identical oils within brand families unless there is a desire for a lower quality/lower price product like Wolf's Head vs. Formula Shell, or a higher quality/higher priced product like Valvoline Premium Blue (conventional) 15W-40 vs. Valvoline HD 15W-40.

I'd expect Kendall to be idential to 76, Conoco, and Phillips Trop-Artic unless the data sheets show a clear difference. 76 and Kendall European Formual synthetic 5W-40 are both said to be very good.

Ken

That WOLF'S HEAD logo is cool looking...
grin.gif
They only sold it at Ingles supermarkets here. Now is being yanked. Havoline remains.
frown.gif

years ago I used Kendall and found it to be at the time a real good lube,and it still , there is also many other choices out there that compair per price,its Conoco premimum line...BL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back