What kind of waxes/detailing products are you guys using?

For something quick I've quickly become a fan of Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic spray! Seems to hold up ok, not as long as they say, but decent. If I'm going all out it's Collinite 876 for me. I can confirm that will hold up in the winter months going through the touchless that does a pre-treat spray.

Ultimate Rinseless. Ultimate Spray Wax.
For Springtime after winter, I’ll use Duragloss 601 and 105. The very light abrasive is handy. Occasionally I’ll spritz it with Duragloss aqua wax. Mostly because I have a lot on hand.

After 9+ years the strategy had worked well. The car looks a bit dated but otherwise pretty new.

I’ve learned that I don’t need optimum longevity in my sealant application. Just reasonable durability and ease of reapplication.

Finish (long term):
CarPro CQuartz UK 3.0 (very impressive)
Jescar Power Lock+

Finish (short term):
Polish Angel Cosmic Spritz (don't have it right now due to price, but again very impressive)
CarPro Elixir (using this now, it's pretty good)

Tires:
Gyeon Q2 Tire

Soap:
Meg's D111 Shampoo Plus (don't overpay for wash soap when this exists)

Interior cleaning:
CarPro MultiX 5:1 (fantastic product, good value because it can be diluted for all kinds of uses)

Interior & trim dressing:
CarPro PERL 5:1 (fantastic product, good value because it can be diluted for all kinds of uses)

I've transitioned away from paste / liquid waxes kicking and screaming, but its all for the better. Something magical happened to TurtleWax where they struck gold with their recent line up. They did such a good job on Seal and Shine that the the other two products are not all that much more durable, but have other improvements.

TurtleWax Ice Seal N Shine $11
-Cheap, duarable, good shine, and blows entry level professional products out of the water.

TurtleWax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Wax $13
-The best bang for the buck and a notch better than seal n shine due to the increase gloss that occurs after the 24hr cure.

TurtleWax Hybrid Solutions Pro Graphene Flex Wax $23.99
-Easiest to use, provides the best gloss, but the price removes any reason to use it. The slight increase in durability is not worth the added cost. Under $20 it would have been a bargain.

1: Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss
2: Meguiar’s Ultimate Waterless Wash and Wax
3: Meguiar’s Gold Class Premium Quick Detailer
4: Meguiar’s Gold Class Premium Quick Wax
5: Meguiar’s Ultimate Liquid Wax
I have some Blackfire All in One coming.

I use nufinish to seal my paint, then sometimes some caranuba on top

For the interior I just use armor-all for the vinyl and armorall leather spray.

I've used armor-all and never had a problem kept my stuff look nice and greasy just how I like it .

Griots Spray-on Car Wash where EPA is strict about water runoff like at our yard in an industrial area near the ocean for example.
CFZR3143.JPG

1: Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss
2: Meguiar’s Ultimate Waterless Wash and Wax
3: Meguiar’s Gold Class Premium Quick Detailer
4: Meguiar’s Gold Class Premium Quick Wax
5: Meguiar’s Ultimate Liquid Wax
I have some Blackfire All in One coming.

MParr have you tried the Meguiars Hybrid ceramic detail spray ??

It's a bit pricey but it does a very, very good job as a detail spray.

MParr have you tried the Meguiars Hybrid ceramic detail spray ??

It's a bit pricey but it does a very, very good job as a detail spray.
No. I’m running low on my liquid spray products. I’m looking at several of the newer ceramic products. I’m thinking that Griot’s Garage 3 in 1 may be the one.

My list of products is extensive.

My current favorites, in no particular order or category, off the top of my head:

Adam's Car Shampoo
Meguiar's Hyper Dressing
3D Super Glass
Poorboy's Natty's
3D One
3D Speed
Meguiar's M110
Meguiar's M210
Meguiar's D300
Meguiar's D302
Sonax CutMax
Sonax Perfect Finish
P&S Brake Buster
P&S Beadmaker
Griot's 3-in-1 Ceramic
Chemical Guys Inner Clean
Optimum No Rinse
NanoSkin Super Charger
Adam's Detail Spray
Poorboy's Upholstery Cleaner
Meguiar's Citrus APC

etc.
I use P&S products too, although I think the shop that makes those prpducts is near me in rancho cordova in norcal. The owner has a detailing bus there, and drives an orange camaro.

Back