What is VHVI

I have got my hands on a brand of oil called Aisin 20w50 with pour point that drops to -35 in that viscosity cause they use a base called VHVI, what does VHVI means it is my first time seeing a 20w with such low pour point and it is semi-synthetic not fully, rated sn plus

Last edited:
I have got my hands on a brand of oil called Aisin 20w50 with pour point that drops to -35 in that viscosity cause they use a base called VHVI, what does VHVI means it is my first time seeing a 20w with such low pour point and it is semi-synthetic not fully rated sn plus
I’m not sure what you mean by “not fully rated”, it appears in the API EOLCS directory for SN PLUS.

And a good example of how pour point doesn’t directly correlate to a winter rating.

Yes it is that oil I can't find reviews online for it but tempted to use it
I’m not sure what you mean by “not fully rated”, it appears in the API EOLCS directory for SN PLUS.

And a good example of how pour point doesn’t directly correlate to a winter rating.
Sorry a coma was needed there i meant not fully synthetic

They have a few oils that are almost the same so look carefully. I like the high flaspoint and the pour point or winter rating is not important to you. If the price is ok, why not try?

They have a few oils that are almost the same so look carefully. I like the high flaspoint and the pour point or winter rating is not important to you. If the price is ok, why not try?
Yes it has the highest flash point in all of the oils i could find and 20w is fine in Egypt

:oops: ... it is? Why not go a bit thicker since I'm sure it's plenty hot there.
I think the OP is referring to its Winter rating as in 20W50, not to 20 weight (20 grade is a less confusing term).

I’ve used 20W50 summer and winter in Australia, so I believe the OP should be fine with his SN-Plus Aisin 20W50 in Egypt.

I think the OP is referring to its Winter rating as in 20W50, not to 20 weight (20 grade is a less confusing term).

I’ve used 20W50 summer and winter in Australia, so I believe the OP should be fine with his SN-Plus Aisin 20W50 in Egypt.
Ahh, yes ... you are correct, I took it the wrong way.

Reactions: SR5
Back