What is up with amsoils preferred customer program

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to place an order last night, which included a new 6 month preferred customer program. Well i get an email today saying that they wont process my order because the 6 month membership is a "trial" membership. ***? I had purchased like 3-4 of these 6 month memberships in the past. They said if I wanted I could buy a year membership. I emailed them back and told them to forget the order then. I am not being coerced into buying a longer membership so they can make a few extra bucks. What crappy new service is this? Anyway, can you buy oil analysis kits for Oil analyzers from someone other than amsoil? If not I will just use someone else and stick to Exon Mobil products. What a shame amsoil, what a shame.

I can't understand why you don't go through one of the site sponsors. I personally offer free shipping on catalog orders, for example, and I am often willing to give discounts or incentives depending on the products and order size.

It does clearly say "TRIAL". If you purchased "3 or 4" then I would say you have tried it. A full year is $20 to get the same exact prices I pay and is very similar to a Costco type membership. But it really doesn't make any sense to be a PC to buy a UOA kit. I sell them for $19+tax which my cost. And includes postage both ways. This is the best deal and is at least the same accuracy as Blackstone and MORE accurate than other labs.

Yeah I won't pay a premium to use D1 or M1, either. (I pay $17/gallon for my 15W-40 or ACD 10W-30)

I have no problems paying the $20 for the membership. It usually makes the price less than M1 including shipping, and I don't have to hassle with the crowds at Wally World to get my oil-it's dropped right at my shop doorstep.

I purchase enough to last for 5-6 months at a time for 4 vehicles, 2 tractors and several other assorted small engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back