What if you ran Auto-RX for 3,000 miles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran 3rd bottle in the old 'Mazda tester' I have over 5,000kms on same PureONE filter from memory. I wouldn't recommend this on the same filter to anybody especially not PureONE but I was doing testing for my own product knowledge.

I have a similar dilema. My car sees about 1500 miles in a year. Is it OK to leave ARX in the engine for so long? There is not much chance of putting on additional miles just for the ARX treatment.

offtopic.gif

Sprintman, where can I get some ARX in Australia? I sent you an email but it evidently didn't arrive.

Dave

[ October 31, 2003, 01:48 AM: Message edited by: DavoNF ]

I asked a similar question on the ARX board. The response was more about needing to get the oil up to normal op. temp. (not happening on my short commute) and less about how long the ARX stayed in the engine. One thing that I have always tried to do is drain at least every 3 months. I was always under the impression that nasty acids formed and would begin to eat my engine's internals after 3 months. Did I fall for an oil industry myth?
I just took delivery of my first batch of ARX last night (at 10:40 PM via AirborneExpress!! My dog went nuts and scared the driver half to death. LOL!)
lol.gif
and cant wait to get it working in my car.

Auto-Rx can stay in your engine indefinitely. If your oil is okay(providing filter is not full) so is Auto-Rx. Remember Auto-Rx uses oil a "carrier" only. Short or long runs Auto-Rx will work following the mileage instructions for your application is the key.How long it takes you to get those miles is just more time needed to finish application.Engine temperature surely rises
if you drive 10 blocks again it is the miles.

Auto RX works best at full, normal operating temperature. Product works under flow and temperature. With that said, maximum cleaning potential is achieve running the motor continuously over time, highway miles are great. However that is not to say that the product won't work under short driving intervals. It will just take longer. I too, have run a full dose of ARX for 3000 miles. However, I did it after two cleanings and a visual inspection that the motor was spotless. ARX did not wear out over 3000 miles. I did several filter changes and inspections over the 3000 mile run. Just follow the ARX.com web site for applications and you'll do just fine.

I use Auto-RX to store used race engines that sit for 6 months between fire up and idle for a few minutes.

Saves changing the fuel impregnated oils and the RX cleans and stabilizes the engine until it back on the track.

These are pretty internally clean but sit without oprating for years some times.

The idleing period recirculates the RX and its cleaning during that time which is great.

I put a bottle of Auto-Rx in my mother's Grand Marquis with a fresh fill of Schaeffer Blend 10w30 back around April. After consulting with Frank, I changed the filter & topped up with oil at ~900 miles. I ran that same fill for almost another 3000 miles after that, total ~3800 miles on that oil, was in the car ~5 months. Just drained & refilled w/BobZoil 5w30 in September. No ill effects at all, car runs great, & it oughta be the cleanest 4.6 L FoMoCo V-8 around!
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back