What HDEO to try in Jeep 4.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.
so ive been running Mobil1 10w-30 in my Jeep 4.0 for the past few cahnges OCI is 7500 KM since alot of this is very very hard offorad miles in high temps and dusty conditions. im going to get a UOA done on the mobil which is due for a change in about a month.

now for my experiment!

ive heard the 4.0 seems to get better wear numbers with HDEO, and since i cant decide on one myself what would everyone reccomend?

not glued to this but im thinking Shell rotella T6 5w-40 or 0w-40, i would like to stick with a synthetic to keep the test reasonably accurate.

any reccomendations? i really cant wait to see if i get different wear numbers with HDEO Synthetic!

oh and one more thing, can i get a oil analyssis package thing from blackstone shipped to canada?

My 4.0 in a 95 GC was going strong when sold at 197,000 miles using Mobil1 5&10w30 and Pureone filter every 6-7,500 mile OCI. Never had a valve cover off but, needed two rear main seals over the ~ 200,000 miles. A couple of kids bought the vehicle 3 years ago and I see it being abused every so often.

I had a 2004 Wrangler 4.0 that ran

great on Rotella T 5w40.
thumbsup2.gif

jringo

Rotella T6 or Delvac 1 are the two synthetic choices.

For semi-synth or dino, there's Rotella T5 and Delvac 1300. Chevron Delo 400 is a solid buy too.

I've been running the T6 in Mom's 99 Grand Cherokee 4.0 for a few thousand miles now. All seems well, and the engine is slightly less clattery at times than it was with the bulk 5W-30 or 10W-30 dino that was in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back