What grease to get locally?

Stuck with Napa,A-Zone,oriley,pep boys and Tractor supply,and an Amsoil store. No Schaefers, no mystic around. What is recommended for suspension and U-Joints that is available to me locally?

Mystik Red at O'Reilly's, or Valvoline SynPower at AutoZone. Another one to consider would be the Peak High Temp Red - it's almost a perfect clone of Pennzoil 707L which was a very well regarded grease throughout the years - from Pep Boys.

Mystik should be at Tractor Supply and Oreillys for sure.. if not Red N Tacky is pretty good stuff. I use them both for offroading and they both seem to perform well.

Valvoline SynPower has been renamed to Valvoline Full Synthetic grease and is available at both Napa and Tractor Supply. It’s great for suspension components as well as pretty much all other home and farm applications such as mower spindles, bearings, and even EP tractor applications such as loaders and backhoes.

What have you used all your years as a mechanic?

Seems like a strange question. I thought you were a fan of Valvoline Lincoln/Mercury grease, even though it had some Moly?

Valvoline Synthetic, Amsoil, Red Line CV2, Lucas Heavy Duty even SuperTech WB grease but not Mobil 1. It melts and liqufies in the CV joint after only a few months.

Valvoline Synthetic, Amsoil, Red Line CV2, Lucas Heavy Duty even SuperTech WB grease but not Mobil 1. It melts and liqufies in the CV joint after only a few months.
Lucas Red N Tacky did that in my ujoint. It also started seperating in the tube about half way through. The last half was ok. It's like it had a liquified section in the middle of the tube.

Back