What do you really believe

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's time for a bit of clarity on BITOG. Time to separate convictioun from bluff.

Let's say (purely hypothetically) that you knew that in one month you would croak and go to that Great Wally Oil Aisle in the sky. And lets say you're married. And lets say you don't have a relative/best friend near by that can maint. the car.

What oil type and OCI would you recommend to your wife.

My own last sentence to my wife -

"Every 10k, go to the Wally oil aisle, get 1 jug of M1 EP 5w30 and an ST filter. Take it to our local mechanic for the OC and have him top off all fluids."

My wife's last sentence to me -

"Honey, Jiffy Lube will take care of me."

I croak.

But seriously. That would be it. 10k miles to reduce the car maint. overhead for my wife. And M1 EP because this is no time for bluff.

(And I'd ask the knowlegable relatives to chk the oil level at each visit.)

Strangely, this hypothetical has never once crossed my mind...
crazy2.gif

LOL

Tony left a lot of oil and I had to figure out which weight for which vehicle. Then to filters. There were 6 marked for my car. I found a shop that I trust (they told me I could watch them change the oil and I did). I take my oil and filter in for them to change on a regular basis. Your wives may absorb more than you think from listening to you talk to other people about oil. I do not want to buy car and so I will take care of the one I have. Guys, remember that we love you and we really do listen to what you talk about.

Last edited:
Helen, That is great and as a husband I find it comforting that my wife picks up on this.

Dispite my wifes occasional eye roles at my "oil change geek site" She Understands my prteferences. Us guys must be wierd to our wives but Helen is proof that they do absorb our passions. Whats improtant to each of us becomes important to both of us.

My wife would trust the oil life monitors and the factory recomendations.

I would provide said instructions to my brother in law, neighbor, etc. Anyone handy as not many wives are changing oil.

That said I would go with Mobil 1 EP.

Actually this is an interesting topic, and can be humorous too. I always told my wife and friends about a program I had implemented years ago called The Widow Training Program, WTP for short.

I've covered all the basics on home repair, auto maintenance and negotiating prices with my wife. Statistically speaking men die younger than women so there are a few things a man can do. I have a lot of theories as to why women outlive men, but that would take me days to write, and use up a lot of bandwidth.

Here are a few things men can do. 1. Implement your own WTP. 2. Marry a woman much older than yourself (Something I'd never do). 3. Marry a woman much younger and be happy and proud of that trophy wife, and not worry because they will survive and figure everything out. 4. Stay single and live a long healthy life!

cheers3.gif
LOL.gif

My 5 yr old son knows what oil brand is in each of my 5 vehicles and even his Babcia's car.

I think between my 14 yr old daughter and wife, they'd figure it out. I keep a maintenance log they can follow for intervals if they needed it. Might even see my wife log in here under "Zaedock".
thumbsup2.gif

I woudn't worry about it. My in-laws are all backyard mechanics, they'd keep my wife's car going for many years after I was gone.

Originally Posted By: Bryanccfshr
Whats important to each of us becomes important to both of us.

That's the quote of the day.
thumbsup2.gif

I'll have to use that one on the wife later.

Last edited:
My wife sees our cars go from 10K to 20K year in and year out with Amsoil. Never any oil issues, leaks, etc. I think she has a very clear mind as to what to use.

Besides, she will inherit the kingdom of Amsoil Pablo.

Are you guys really ready for Pablina? Trust me, you couldn't handle it.

My wife would go to the dealership for all maintenance and never look back. She would ask my son to "clear all that junk out of the garage-don't care what you do with it" and then she would park her car in the dead center of the two car garage.

My wife would say," Oil!, Is that the dirty stuff you play with on the weekends". I would simply reply "Yes,".

Originally Posted By: johnd
My wife would go to the dealership for all maintenance and never look back. She would ask my son to "clear all that junk out of the garage-don't care what you do with it" and then she would park her car in the dead center of the two car garage.

Ha, I think mine would do the EXACT same thing.

Don't forget to tell her to check the oil at least once a month during that 10,000 mile interval. Wouldn't want her down a few quarts.

I'd say PP at 6000-7000 mi intervals. Sure the oil can handle more, but my thinking is the longer the OCI with an unobservant operator the longer a potential issue may go unnoticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back