What do you put on your fries other than salt or ketchup?

I’ve never heard fries called thrashers before.

I think that's the name of the business. Like referring to McDonald's food as just "McDonald's".

person-holding-thrashers-french-fries-in-front-of-store-front-1920x1440-1.jpg

Whats odd is that I ONLY crave, I mean truly crave, vinegar on my Thrashers (or similar beach venues) while at the beach. Never, ever at any other time, even though I enjoy it immensely. Hmmm

Some of the best fries I've ever had was at a small chain called "Jody Maroni's Sausage Kingdom", although it's long gone around here. It was mostly hot dogs, but I thought that their fries were the best part. Their original location is at Venice Beach.

BBQ Sauce or Teriyaki Sauce but my preference is ketchup from a glass bottle. I’m surprised at the amount of people who said they won’t eat ketchup lol. Now ranch I can understand because that’s nasty.
Depends on the brand of Ranch your using. Some are good and some not so good YMMV

I rarely eat fries, but when I do, I like them with no dipping sauce if they’re good fries. Now if I happen to have a milkshake around, a few will be dipped into that. The sweet and salty go well together. 😋

I just got a 5 pound bag of frozen crinkle cut fries for $3 and have been trying out different ways other than just salt and ketchup. It already is in oil so it's been working pretty well in an air fryer. Tajin worked pretty well even though it's low on salt. I have Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning, which gives and interesting kick.

I've seen a few other things. One tapas place had these cumin dusted fries that were pretty good, although those were more wedge fries.
My son and I make a sauce from A1, ketchup and Tabasco.

It depends. I don’t eat fries much, but I’ve enjoyed them with the following:

- salt & pepper
- season salt
- old bay
- gravy
- malt vinegar
- hot sauce
- barbecue sauce
- chaat masala
- Other dark black spice mix/masala

Ive encountered folks who put mayo on their fries. I’m not a mayo fan other than on a BLT or club sandwich, so that’s not for me. I did try Arby’s horsey sauce on a fry a few times and that was ok.

I rarely eat fries, but when I do, I like them with no dipping sauce if they’re good fries. Now if I happen to have a milkshake around, a few will be dipped into that. The sweet and salty go well together. 😋
I thought I was the only weirdo that did that .

While working in Sicily in 2006, I saw the Sicilians do something with fries I never saw before, or after. The Sicilians put fries on top of their pizzas. Didn't see that coming.

View attachment 102824
I've made pizza fries before... Baked the fries in a very large cast iron frying pan, with salt and pepper on them. Then when they are done put the pizza sauce, cheese, pepperoni and toppings on top of the fries in the pan and put it back into the oven until the cheese starts to brown up.
Maybe it was the cheapish pre shredded cheese I used, but it was a seriously heavy meal, and hard to not to get another slice!.... Good for a day when you are going to burn 2k calories... Not good if you are working from home at the computer!

Back