What do you guys think of this??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, while browsing CL this morning I came across a vehicle from a private seller that i had seen at a dealer a while back; a 1997 Grand Prix GT Coupe, and the seller is only asking $1000 (not firm) The reason is there is a knock in the motor that he thinks is a loose rod bearing. Why, I don't know. What do you guys think of this deal? Easy fix? Steer clear? Part out? Thanks

1997 Pontiac Grand Prix

You can see in the background that the guy that is selling it is a curbstoner. He better than anyone else knows what it is worth, probably double scrap price. Maybe $500 or $600? 167,000 miles, plastic cladding and a loose rod bearing? Today's eyesore is tomorrow's crusher fodder.

Originally Posted By: Cardenio327
You can see in the background that the guy that is selling it is a curbstoner. He better than anyone else knows what it is worth, probably double scrap price. Maybe $500 or $600? 167,000 miles, plastic cladding and a loose rod bearing? Today's eyesore is tomorrow's crusher fodder.

Thats the picture from when it was at the dealer

Depends on how bad it is, and how good you are with engine work. If it's not too bad, it could make a nice beater or a decent flip....

Per nada guides, average trade with no known mechanical issues is around 1150. That's not much of a discount for a recognizable mechanical issue. Need to get the price lower if engine work is involved.

Don't see much of an upside to flip at the current price if you repair the engine issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back