What did your last front tire cost? OUCH

I would never run a tire down to the cord like that. I see that tire and, no offense intended, but I think, why would I ever listen to this guy? In the parlance of the times, you do you. But my brain is insisting that’s not safe. Maybe you should fit a car tire up there. Sure would last longer.

What we have here is Objective truth versus Personal truth...

Objective truth as that which has been established as true by
virtue of large bodies of experiment and observations and its true no
matter if we believe its true or not... like MT sports more advantages
than CT because of difference in construction... compound and profile...

Personal truth; in a free country these are your feelings and we
believe to be true because of whatever experiences or beliefs matter
to us like and to convince someone else of that truth it will not be a
matter of experiment and observation it will be a matter of verbal
persuasion... like "Motorcycle tires are a crock." or "Cornering on a
CT is no different than cornering on a motorcycle tire (MT)"...

My contention is that CTs are a good choice for big heavy touring bikes, like yours and mine, that eat MTs.
Negative... CT are not a good choice because the bigger and heavier one's bike is the more handles it needs to travel down the perverted highway within a margin of safety... MT always afford more handles for the rider than CT...

I would never run a tire down to the cord like that. I see that tire and, no offense intended, but I think, why would I ever listen to this guy? In the parlance of the times, you do you. But my brain is insisting that’s not safe. Maybe you should fit a car tire up there. Sure would last longer.
This was not purposeful. This was me not realizing how bad the tire actually was.
Like I said, when I left to head home, the sides were smooth, but no cord showing and some center tread when I left Arkansas.
When I stopped for gas, I saw one small spot of cord showing, but had 240 miles and nowhere to get tire changed, so kept going. It got this bad while riding, so never saw it till I got home.

I really am thankful I made it home safe, that was dangerous.
Replacement tire delivered today (Bridgstone Battleax BT46) and will be put on tomorrow.

Also, not asking anyone to listen to me.

Negative... CT are not a good choice because the bigger and heavier one's bike is the more handles it needs to travel down the perverted highway within a margin of safety... MT always afford more handles for the rider than CT...
Why are you still posting about this? You have zero knowledge of how CTs ride or handle...0....

I paid $119 for a Metzler m7RR, which I thought was a very good deal, compared to the $200 tire price area. noways on most sport tires.

THe labor involved the shops charge is warranted, Id charge the same, as I do my own work

I question the 5 minutes, thats how long shops spend(and why i do myself), I spent 20/30 minutes balancing a tire sometimes
It doesn’t take long…..I can tell how fast the slowly rotating tire finds the heavy spot, temporarily tape some stick on weights, and be pretty close to balance. I’ve owned two NoMar machines since 2009 and have mounted just under 300 tires in that time for myself and friends. Most new wheels and tires don’t require a lot of weight to balance.

Back