What did you buy or are you going to buy for Black Friday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked through the ads and nothing jumped out at me. Plus I am going to Ventura Raceway after work tonight since that means more to me than buying junk.

Latest gen iPad for 250. Walmart and Costco sites unreachable. Talked to my son who monitors the main internet traffic on the east coast yesterday and he said credit card processing traffic was very high and that today would be worse. Charge transactions might be slow.
Never go near retail outlets on this gay.

No way would I participate in the black Friday show. I used to up until about 15 years ago, then I came to my senses. Never again.

60 mph wind gusts with rain here today won't be doing much shopping, just clean up.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I was monitoring some computer stuff on Amazon. Some of it simply crept up in price over the last month or so.

They have a 1TB WD HDD for $37, which would be quite a deal, except lots of reviews report this hard drive as OEM, so no warranty from WD and not such a great deal for an OEM drive.

Originally Posted by KrisZ
I was monitoring some computer stuff on Amazon. Some of it simply crept up in price over the last month or so.

They have a 1TB WD HDD for $37, which would be quite a deal, except lots of reviews report this hard drive as OEM, so no warranty from WD and not such a great deal for an OEM drive.

IDK where you are in California but I have a lot of hard drives. Might have a spare if you want it.

Originally Posted by dogememe
I wasn't planning on buying anything but I bought a Taser Pulse+ for when I'm doing Uber. I had a bad experience which is why I stopped doing it and now I'll feel safe again.

What did y'all decide to splurge on at half price?

Sandels 5.3% 0.5L beer x 9 and some food... thats it!

Originally Posted by KrisZ

IDK where you are in California but I have a lot of hard drives. Might have a spare if you want it.

Thanks for the offer, I live in Tracy area, so quite a drive from you. But I appreciate your generosity.

I finally got through on Costco and was able to get a snow and water containment mat for my garage at $109. My garage has a floor drain in the middle but surprisingly the floor slopes away from it on the right side. When I get my new truck next year it will be going in the garage 24/7 no questions asked.

A $369 AR and a 6 pack of mikes hard watermelon.and 2 brandy new studded snow tires for the 90radow. We had a horrendous ice storm here most of the day and now blizzard warnings for the next 36 hours. Last I heard was 8-14" and 60 mph winds

Last edited:
I bought two Peerless basket sink strainer assemblies., an AC Delco air filter, a bottle of Fast Orange hand cleaner, and a Wix oil filter. I'm living life in the fast lane.

Went by Walmart (CANADA) and picked up some Valvoline Synthetic high mileage for $21 CDN and also some non-advertised Shell Rotella T-5 10w30 for $26 CDN) and will use a $5 rebate. It's my lawnmower oil. I believe these prices are in effect until Sunday night.
smile.gif

Last edited:
I wasn't planning on buying anything but I bought a Taser Pulse+ for when I'm doing Uber. I had a bad experience which is why I stopped doing it and now I'll feel safe again.

What did y'all decide to splurge on at half price?

Picked up some oil (duh) and gifts for the kids off of Amazon and Wally's.com. I don't do brick and mortar much these days for a number of reasons, mainly because I can get it online and have it delivered for cheaper in most cases.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back