What detailing task do you detest most?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Cleaning the inside glass... especially the rear, and getting it right!

Agreed, some require a contortionist to even get to them.

Originally Posted By: RTexasF
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Cleaning the inside glass... especially the rear, and getting it right!

Agreed, some require a contortionist to even get to them.

X3, that's a bear at the best of times.

Inside glass and rims. Also getting to all the paint inside of the door jams can take a lot of time and sore hands.

I'll take cleaning the inside glass any day over vacuuming seats and carpet when women with long hair use the car. A friend of mine had me detail his daughter's car, and she had long hair. It took much longer to get the hair out of the carpet and nook in the seats than usual.

Originally Posted By: 97prizm

I'll take cleaning the inside glass any day over vacuuming seats and carpet when women with long hair use the car. A friend of mine had me detail his daughter's car, and she had long hair. It took much longer to get the hair out of the carpet and nook in the seats than usual.

+1, even worse for me, dog hair. I did a car yesterday and took me over 2 hours of vacuuming to get most of the dog hair out. It was in every nook and cranny....and the dog had been dead for over a year when I got the car to detail
eek.gif

I have to agree with doing the inside of the windshield and back window (on coupes/sedans). That's the most difficult part for me to get right. I have to admit the easiest vehicles to do it on were the B-body and C-body GM cars because of the upright angle of the glass. My Torino isn't so bad for the windshield, but the back window is at a fastback-like angle and the roof is low so it's hard to reach everything equally.

85 down here in the Sunny South today. Car washing opportunity. Dirt just flew off my waxed alloy wheels with the hand grip home water nozzle. Wax those wheels,guys.

Originally Posted By: sciphi
There's always one detailing task that any person detailing/cleaning absolutely detests.

Mine is cleaning upholstery. It seems it soaks up my time and cleaning supplies like no other task, and it never seems to clean up, despite throwing various things at it.

What's yours?

Cleaning, then waxing, the rims/wheels before/after the winter. Even though I try and keep them as clean as I can by going through the car wash often during the winter when I can not hand wash it is almost impossible to really keep them clean during winter here. Come spring I have my work cut out for me cleaning and then waxing them up. I do another clean and wax right before winter hits in the fall. HATE it.

Last edited:
I HATE washing and drying, but love the rest, i usually tell my wife if youll wash n dry, ill wax/detail, she falls for it everytime

Worst rear glass to clean of all time imo, or at least that I've owned. The C3 1978-1982 Corvette with the fastback glass. I have one and I hate cleaning that rear glass, I'm 6'2" and wear a long shirt or sportcoat and can barely reach parts of it.

For others cars, I hate to clean the wheels and wheel wells. Detailing under the hood would be a close second, especially if it's a car where it hasn't been done at all in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back