What causes High Pressure in AC System

Status
Not open for further replies.
I run without High Side cut-out protection on my highly modified Camaro.....As long as the cooling fans operate....The chances of something happening is very small. The important thing is that I'm aware of this potential issue!!

On the other hand....I would never be this reckless with a customers vehicle!

If the switches are known leak points.....Aftermarket Binary/Trinary switches & adapters are available https://coldhose.com/switches.html

One more funny issue today.
They have replaced the orifice tube. But in the wrong direction. Put the "long" end of the tube in first. Just relised it
frown.gif

Surprisingly it works normal.

Because it is not a check valve, it will flow in either direction ? I will need to have it reinstalled anyway.

Last edited:
It flows the same in either direction, but you want the screen on the inlet side so the tube part won't get clogged up.

Originally Posted by KrisZ
As you noted these sensors are mainly there to protect the system. There are variatey if scenerios where the system can run high pressure, like the evaporator coil freezing up in high humidity, low wet bulb temp situations.
If your condenser doesn't get proper airflow, due to fan failure or something physically blocking it, the system will run higher pressures.
If the system is overcharged, it will run higher pressures.

I'm sure there are other scenarios as well.

Stopped up or malfunctioning office tube / refrigerant metering device . Stopped up condenser coil ( internally or externally . ) .

As has been stated , not enough air flow through condenser coil or over charge . Maybe incorrect refrigerant , but I doubt that is your problem . High outside air temperature .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back