What are you doing right now?

OBDII code readers are pretty inexpensive. Or just whip by the local auto parts store who will do a code reading for free.
Don’t think they will read airbag codes?

Don’t like driving this car, so the thought of me just taking it out for a spin “for fun” isn’t apt to happen. 15-20 minute drive to Advanced or O’Reilley’s, so it’s not like it’s just slightly out of the way. Trying not to drive it when we can, as it’s still eating a camshaft at this time.

Thought code readers were $200 and up for anything “good”? I mean, something that can read the airbags, cycle the ABS, all that good stuff. Not quite a small investment.

Wife didn’t buy bacon this week, so can’t make the usual bacon and eggs for Sunday breakfast. My back is sore from shoveling 12” of snow yesterday, guess what, another 6 came down last night. Time to get dressed and go tackle that project.

Morning errands, doughnuts for the kids, picked up 3 boxes of supertech on clearance, grocery pickup, gas up the family hauler. On the way home I saw a tossed bedframe. Being a very amateur welder I'm starting to see things differently. Casters for a shelf, L channel steel, end brackets.

1711287023573.jpg

Okay I will admit it, I hide in the Midwest to keep away from your fearsome Maverick of certain defeat. Much better off just fighting it out with the crazy Dodge boys around here than dealing with the hybrid monster.

Camaro guys are just posers they never do anything.
I just fried a Ram 1500 this morning 🌄 some woman pulled up beside the VW revving the engine and when the light turned green she was just a faded memory.
About 15 minutes later that same truck pulled up to me at McDonald's

Out jumps a 95 year old woman with a feather duster and she says it's my time to dust you off. She starts beating me with the duster while I'm still in the car.

Two construction workers noticed the beating I was taking and they tried to restrain her and they had to call in another bystander. After several minutes it was touch and go but finally the 3 guys restrained her enough where I could tear gas her from a distance.
I placed the feather duster on her chest and before I ran away I said, the pleasure was all mine.

On to the next....

Resting my back. Have another 15min of shoveling to do, but I’ve got no ambition. 18” of snow yesterday.

Wife ordered a laptop, finally. I’m feeling a bit jealous, I dug out the freebie that I have but it won’t load the software I wanted (after 15 min it wasn’t done, does not bode well). Not going to buy myself one, not when I want another car (well truck).

Dreading the workweek. I took Fri off but made the mistake of answering an email and then looking later in the day for any followup. Got invited to an 8pm meeting tomorrow for my effort. Brilliant move on my part.

Trying to get parents out of the house so we don’t miss fast food breakfast again for the second straight week. I will never understand their obsession with wanting to eat in a restaurant I like doing everything on the go. Saves a lot of time. We have my sisters family coming over today too to help clean well they can clean I’m relaxing and being lazy maybe tear apart the APU engine I got. I need a nice cold beer right now knowing I have to see the incompetent guy at work the next 5 days lol.

OBDII code readers are pretty inexpensive. Or just whip by the local auto parts store who will do a code reading for free.
I remember doing that on my old S-15 Jimmy. :D Interestingly enough, I can come close on the Dakota - with the truck off, turn the key to "on" (not start), off, "on" again, then off again, then "on" and leave it. The odometer will start putting out any stored OBDII codes. Not sure if it covers all of the systems or just the basic engine needs, but it was enough to diagnose my faulty gas cap seal.

As for what I'm doing, trying to figure out how I can retire early.

Ordered some 2" black iron pipe. From Home Depot. They had the lowest price in the area. Surprising.

And they deliver.

If you doubt I'm a roller, check the price of 2" diameter threaded black iron pipe.

I’m relaxing. Always nice after working. Today was slow at work not a lot of traffic out either. Of course we had people call in because apparently some sort of NASCAR championship series or something was yesterday and people call in for major sports events. That’s ok though when it’s World Series time you can bet I’m missing since they do it for big sports stuff.

Recuperating again.

I spent several hours today clearing Himalayan blackberry (not from Asia, but an invasive species here in the Pacific Northwest from Europe). I cut the canes near the ground with a 2 cycle hedge trimmer and use a garden rake to pull the canes out of the thicket and pile them up and a manure fork to carry them to a burn pile. All kinds of muscles getting abused that aren't used to it.

Stihl-HL-94k145.jpg

himalayanblackberry3.jpg

1423612714.jpg

Last edited:
Back