What are the over the air antenna folks watching on tv?

Are y'all using those small indoor antennas you can buy at Walmart, etc? I would like to have one to watch the local channels.

Are y'all using those small indoor antennas you can buy at Walmart, etc? I would like to have one to watch the local channels.
I tried an indoor antenna at first but didn’t get reliable reception so I bought this small outdoor omnidirectional antenna. I’m about 40 miles from the main broadcast towers (Boston) and it works pretty good most of the time except during bad storms. It will depend greatly on how far you live from your TV towers, if not too far, an indoor antenna might work just fine.

We've been watching The Last of Us and Scarecrow and Mrs King from the 1980s. I have cable but don't watch it, but it's tied to my internet and somehow it is cheaper than al a carte.
I didn't know that over the air digital stations were still a thing but I remember they did that to free up AM,right?

I get the local news (West Palm Beach, FL) in HD over the air. Looks pretty sharp. Sure, it's not 4K, but it is considerably nicer than the HD version of DirecTV.

During the season you can watch NFL football in pristine glory and I often turn off my Spectrum crap if watching at home.

I'm pretty sure this is one of the reasons that cable companies often offer much better sweetheart rates to owners of bars and restaurants than to residential customers, because a lot of daytime neighborhood bars would do just fine using an antenna to fill their TV's....

I think a local place can get phone, internet, and a pretty solid TV selection with sport channel options for less than $100 a month!

not much on TV after football is done + summer comes, as my Dish is currently paused @ $5 a month antennas look interesting though as typical TV rates like most everything are way overpriced IMO! i am now on my favorite "entertainment" until summer, a 17" laptop, lots of great info as well as some you tubes + on that note cant say enough about the Danish National Orchestra link posted by GON!!

The only thing I really watch anymore is The Simpsons and Family Guy, if I do flip through the channels, I just end up watching repeats of old sitcoms like Frasier or Seinfeld, sometimes I'll watch random cooking shows, This Old House, or The Joy of Painting on PBS or it's sub channels . But others in the house watch any NFL, MLB, or College Basketball games that come one, also NCIS Hawaii and Blue Bloods, and Friday Night Smackdown. We ditched cable but still need some sort of pay TV mostly for sports you can't watch OTA, so we have Sling with an AirTV and I have a nice big UHF and big High VHF antenna in the attic feeding into a Kitztech KT-700 amp.

Back