What are successful musicians (that you know) driving?

I grew up in the music industry and have had lots of social contact with well-known performers throughout my life.

In the tradition of somewhat-random-but-nonetheless-interesting BITOG general topics, I thought of seeing which reputable musicians have/had which vehicles.

From my personal experience:

Steven from Aerosmith (my mom knows the band very well) had a Panoz roadster the last time I talked cars with him, about 15 years ago. He’s not a car guy but enjoys “spirited driving”.

His daughter Olivia “Liv” used to be very financially-savvy/thrifty and drove an older but low mileage Acura sedan that she kept in top condition.

Brad Whitford has a bunch of vintage Corvettes, all drivable and registered.

Aaron from the Boston-area metal/hardcore band Converge always has at least one late 60s-early 70s muscle car.

I know a moderately-successful female rapper from California who seemed to live a wild lifestyle, then became a mom and now drives a Hyundai sedan and spends money wisely.

A friend of mine from the Midwest had a very brief but very successful time as an “adult actress”, followed by an equally-short musical career. She probably has millions in the bank but drives a Subaru daily and has a slightly modified vintage Honda Civic for fun.

I only know one musician but he really doesn't know me although we've met(not that he'd remember). He is from my area and is a family member(step brother) of a friend of mine. Lou Gramm(Grammatico) from FOREIGNER. He owns some vintage muscle cars. I don't really know of anyone else although we do have some known celebrities from my area that go way back all the way to today.

I don't know if you will remember Noddy Holder from the 60's/70's rock band Slade. He has lived in a our village for something like 30 years. In all that time I can only remember seeing Audis on his drive and modest ones at that. For most of that time they were a pair of A4's for him and his Mrs and whatever the equivalent Audi model was before the A4. That's changed only recently and although still a pair of Audi's, one is an SQ2 and the other an A6 .

Rob Baker of The Tragically Hip lives in the city I work in. Him and his wife both seem to share a Tesla model S. At least the past few years or more. I personally saw her leave their house without properly cleaning the snow off the car lol. Probably typical of most of our wives. The fact that they live in a normal house downtown and drive the same car (even if it's a Tesla) for several years makes me respect them.

I know a moderately-successful female rapper from California who seemed to live a wild lifestyle, then became a mom and now drives a Hyundai sedan and spends money wisely.
She earned my respect.

Personally, I find it interesting when rich/famous people drive ordinary cars.
The real rich people I know of (70M+ networth in 2021), drives old Volvos that they keep in showroom condition and lives in home with "gate" and circular driveway (maybe a fountain in the center). The upper middle class I know drives Mercedes, Tesla, BMW, Audi, Lexus, etc.

In the "Some Kind of Monster" documentary about Metallica there's a scene where Lars Ulrich (the drummer) is driving a Saab 9-5 wagon with a car seat in the back. I had a 9-5 Aero sedan at the time which is why I remember that.

jeff

Bud

$50 Site Donor 2023
The only musician I know didn't drive at the time. My daughter quit piano at 12.