Wet/Dry-vac filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased a Stanley wet/dry vac on closeout at Walmart. For a cheapy vacuum, the price was right at $30 which is approx half off.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Stanley-...Vac-Tool-Caddie-and-Blower-Port/46622538

Thing works good for what I use it for, but knowing the filter isn't going to last forever I sought out to find replacements and am having zero luck finding anything other than the high priced OEM stuff which is almost the cost of the vacuum.

Are there any universal filters, or standardization in the sizes? This particular filter measures about 7" x 7" with a 6" opening. Many of the shop-vac filters I see online appear to be very similar in size, but exact dimensions on retail sites are hard to come by and I don't want to waste my time buying something that does not fit.

I also see filters looking like this https://www.amazon.com/Shop-vac-901...&sr=8-5&keywords=shop+vac+filter which seem like they could be made universal using a strong rubber band or something to secure it.

One thing is for sure, I'm not paying $30 for a filter that cost more than the vacuum, so I'd like to find a solution. Does anyone know the dimension of a small shopvac filter? Wondering if it's close enough to fit mine. The Stanley filter number that fits my vacuum is 08-2566B-- very little options online unfortunately.

Any ideas other than tossing the vacuum and buying something name-brand?

I wrapped an old t-shirt around the filter and used a rubber band to secure it. It's alot easier to clean that way.

I have a Wet/Dry Vacuum that I use in my (home) Garage for general cleaning of the floor / DRY ONLY.

I use the 'round' filter but ALSO one of those (big) bags that actually collects and holds the dirt.
So, the dirty air goes into the big bag and then the air is filtered again by the round filter.
The big bag takes several years for me to fill. When it's FULL, remove and throw away.

Big Bags look like this:
https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&a...e&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_9a3rxhutbj_e

The opening on my ridgid is 4 1/2", width about 7" height 8" these are the sam as some craftsman vacs.

Honestly, for a cheap vacuum, I would by the cheap filters and do whatever is needed to make them fit.

I've always used "dry" filters, even when sucking up water! Must change filter shortly after to prevent mold. We used a "dry" filter to suck out water from car floor and even when the filter failed, and droplets were coming out of the exhaust, the vac still works.(shop vac)

It's the fact we have a wet/dry vac, and we mostly use it for dry debris. When you are vacuuming up water, it's usually an emergency and you don't have time to change filters or go to the store, and who knows if they have the right size.

Last edited:
On my Craftsman I simply blow out the filter from the inside out, in the 10 yrs i've had it i've only changed the filter once.

Originally Posted by Vern_in_IL
I've always used "dry" filters, even when sucking up water!

Really
06.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back