Well I'm back....dealer frustrations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mmmmoil
It's been a couple years since I've posted. Reason being is I bought a new truck in 2014, a 3.5 Ecoboost. I took it to the dealer around here just to keep up with paperwork and whatnot. So the fun begins. The very first oil change I get the paperwork back with 5w-20 6 quarts added. I showed it to the service manager and he said "that's what it takes, all Fords take 5w-20." I opened the hood and pointed to the cap that said 5w-30. After some discussion he said "we use what the cap calls for, its just a typo." Didn't feel like arguing so I left. (Yes, I know you can use 5w-20, but I prefer what Ford specs). Then on the ride home, the cover to the oil pan (carpet thing) falls off on the freeway. So I had to take off work and spend two hours while they got me a new one.

The same exact thing happed to me again the next time (5w-20, cover fall off). I spoke to a manager to express my frustration. He said he'll comp the next oil change. This is literally the only Ford dealer in town and I don't want to make the 40 min round trip to the next town.

It was after that second visit I realize why I always did this myself. Went to wally, purchased 6 quarts of PP 5w-30 (5 quart jug was 12.22 after MIR)and a Motorcraft filter. No wrong spec oil issues, nothing falling off, and I knew things were done right. Glad to be back
smile.gif

Yup, that's why I never let anyone else change the oil in my car. If you want something done right, you must do it yourself. The guy at the dealer might put cooking oil in there as far as you know or not drain the old oil fully, among many other things gone wrong. The worst thing: you will never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back