Watering lawn with water from abandoned pool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go for it. The Pilgrims didn't ask permission from the Indians when they set up shop.

The reason pools are fenced in is because it's to keep the riff-raff out. They've given up on their end of the social contract already. Once a contract is broken, it's a free-for-all. It's "generally" not trespassing if it's not posted and not fenced.

I'd rig up some sort of mini sump pump in a kids innertube or something. Drawing from a foot down, it won't get the bugs and sticks floating on top.

If you go ahead with it, just say you're doing it for safety reasons if anyone questions it. Tell them you're concerned that kids could fall in and drown, which of course the bank would be held liable for.

You can surely bet that if someone's kid got in there and drowned, they would sue the bank for millions.

Our house was a foreclosure and was vacant for almost 2 years. Our next door neighbor said that he mowed the lawn while it was vacant because the bank didn't have it mowed very often and it looked like [censored].

I would personally swim in it myself. Do you guys have those alligator ticks and Burmese pythons down there too?

I agree with Pop Rivit in a sense of going to the people that own it. No I do not consider the draining tepid water to be stealing.. Nor do I think the owners would care as long as nothing is damaged.

Do you live in the country or the town? Maybe dump it down the sewer or a drainage ditch?

With the high water table in much of FL you risk floating the pool. You're going to be looking at $45K+, and maybe some criminal charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back