Warning!! Jiffy lube

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by LT4 Vette:
Miami-Dade,

Tire Kingdom does good work and they use Pennzoil.

Most places in Miami are crooks.

Actually Tire Kingdom tried to rip off my mother last year in Broward County.They told her she had a major oil leak in her 86 Corrola.Then they wanted to buy the car form her for 150 bucks when she said she didn't want to fix it then and there.Got a second opnion from a independent and he said they smeared oil underneath to make it look like a major leak.In Broward where she lives Tire Kingdom is one of the worst.

Another one to stay out of is Tech-Master.You never ever leave with a huge bill.Goodyear isn't any better as the raped a 90 year old man in my complex for 1500 bucks for fixing the a/c on his 98 Marquis.I know the a/c was working fine before he went there because i was in his car helping him get a package out of there while the car was idling and the car was ice cold just seconds before he went there.He thought at the time it was a rip off but felt intimadated at the time by the burly service manager.

The geezers get ripped off like you wouldn't believe down here.More women than men.I'd be here all night writing if i told you every incident my mom's friends went though to get their aging cars reparied.

Its a damm shane is all i have to say.

I never had problem with dealership telling me I need to get my headlight flushed and lugnuts replaced. It was always a quick oil change, no questions asked. Iffy lube is only good for bringing oil to recycle.

Well, not to blow sunshine up J-Loob's butt, but Massachusetts State Police are lined up for their oil changes at Danver's Ma. J-Loob. I forgot what the cutoff year was, but the guy told me they use 5W30 for the older ones, and 5W20 for the newer ones, and ALL season.

With those rat's ash filters. They're "adequate", I suppose.
dunno.gif

quote:

Originally posted by SSQ:
I never had problem with dealership telling me I need to get my headlight flushed and lugnuts replaced. It was always a quick oil change, no questions asked. Iffy lube is only good for bringing oil to recycle.

Same thing for me.I've been dealing with Pompano lincoln Mercury for a while now.They just change it and your on way.Only thing is it might take an hour.Plus they wash the car.Plus i get good coffee and food there.Its a bit out of my way but i like dealing with them.I got the old man to take his car there.

When i lived in N.Y.C. a few years back i used to go where the cabs got their oil changed.It was open 24hrs a day 7 days a week.Never a problem.I own a Crown Vic so i fit right in there.Cab drivers here don't speak english so i have no idea where they go.

Miami-Dade,

Sorry to hear about your mom and Tire Kingdom.

When I lived in Miami, I would go to the TK on SW 56 ST and 137th Ave (Miller Square) and they never tried to pull a fast one.

If someone doesn't have the capacity to change their oil or do other routine maintenance on their cars or trucks, they should either go to a trusted, reputable local mechanic or a trusted and reputable dealer. Any other places are just ripe for disaster and you will get what you pay for.

It's not just Jiffy Lubes or TLE. I took my wife's Honda to a Firestone Tire dealer and I got the hardest sell on an alignment. You'd think that I would have driven off the road my front end was so bad according to them. Funny 25,000 miles later and no irregular wear.

quote:

Originally posted by Steelers:
To help find a good independent shop look for the following:

AAA approved.

Member of the BBB.

ASE Blue Seal.

All that means nothing in Florida.A neighbor of mine went to AAA shop over the weekend to have a flat fixed.They charged him 25 bucks to fix the flat [plug] and and 10 bucks to put the spare back [screwed down properly] in the trunk.He was 87 years old and didn't complain about it.

Most of these elderly people around me haven't got much money and live on social security and have to pay their car off on time [like everbody else]as they can't pay all that money up front.The 87 year old i just wrote about just payed off his 98 Grand Marquis with 100k miles.

Just imagine how many people get hosed everyday that we don't know about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back