Want redneck? I'll give you redneck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spotted in a parking lot in Evansville, Indiana last summer...by me, who just happened to have his digital camera with him after coming from a car show:

CopyofCars048.jpg

Cars049.jpg

Did you verify that it's "real"
confused.gif
This could be one of those magnetic fake things that was used in Cheech and Chong's Still Smokin' on that van they had.

What possible functional purpose could this have? Maybe a snorkel for deep water crossings..
dunno.gif

No, I just took the pictures there in the parking lot. I was afraid to linger there after experiencing that monstrosity. Didn't know what kind of mutant abomination from the nether regions might walk up on me.

I gathered from the black soot on the...ummmmm...exhaust pipe that it's real, in some twisted way. Maybe he's got headers routed through the hood?
dunno.gif

Quote:

I'm seriously impressed by your foreign language skills.
wink.gif

So
confused.gif
Nonn Gurrrrly mehen don'T need LANGuEDGE sKILLS. Jst-hasck DER Austrian

(from Risky Business)
"Who's the U-boat commander?"

laugh.gif

Well, I kinda' like it.

Unique, provocative, well-seasoned.

Are you man enough for a stove pipe upon thine hood?

The only one I've seen better [and no I don't have a copy of it -Sorry] Is the pic of the pick up with the Ac window unit in the back window with the generator in the bed to run it.

I think it's an advanced air intake system. The rearward direction of the intake takes advantage of the high pressure area that is built up in front of the windshield, at speed, therefore more positive air pressure! My old TransAm, had a system like this. Nascar uses the principle in having the air intake at the base of the windshield, for the same aero principles. Never know, it may work great!
driving.gif
pat2.gif

Quote:

The only one I've seen better [and no I don't have a copy of it -Sorry] Is the pic of the pick up with the Ac window unit in the back window with the generator in the bed to run it.

I've seen this picture as well. IIRC, it was on an old Grand Marquis or Crown Vic.

Nah ...it was a pickup. Sadly, it takes a large window unit to cool an uninsulated glass house (your vehicle).

Here are a couple of expensive oddities for you. I think they're both having some identity crisis. The jeep is a low rider ..and the Chebbie has more flex than most off road rigs
confused.gif

f3e22646.jpg

f3e22645.jpg

There's an old beat-up pickup truck down the road from where I live with the same type of pipe coming out of the hood except it goes all the way over the windshield and the roof of the truck. Interesting, to say the least :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back