Wanna go for a ride? (filthy vehicle interior)

Cars that bad they should get the call there is a $299 hazmat cleanup fee.
I'd clean those for that much.. well relatively clean them..

Although I'd feel like.
1704421469389.jpg

My youngest daughter car interior is disgusting I'm tired of complaining even yelling about it. But I warned her and my wife I bought you one car not buying another shows zero pride in it. I take care of it mechanically other than that no interest.

Back in 2005-2007 our departments work truck (F-150) was primarily driven by a guy who chain smoked. Once the ashtrays filled to be a small mountain of butts overflowing, he gave up on that and would throw his lit butts on the floor and grind them out with the sole of his shoe. He also left dozens of half filled disposable coffee cups all over the place. Many spilled on the dash and ran down into the vent holes. He would go postal if anyone complained. I avoided him and that truck as much as possible.

I hate just the thought of having to get in a car like that. We have a couple regulars here that are nasty. I won’t even mention what used item this one guy that brings in his car has. Plus the bushel of rotten bananas he always has. And unfortunately we can’t refuse to work on one. The only one we refused was one with dead deers and skunks in the back that stunk like mad and was overpowering the whole shop even with the doors open.

A long time ago in the late 80's when I was a car audio/alarm installer I had to install a pair of rear speakers in a GM 4 door car, I think it was a Buick. This was back when cars had rear decks and you generally had to climb into the trunk to replace the speakers. I just will never forget the interior had a bad smell when I drove it around to the shop. I popped the trunk and there were 3 or 4 trash bags in there filled with dirty baby diapers. This was in the middle of summer in Athens, Georgia. The smell combined with the heat was enough to make a freight train take a dirt road. I took the bags out and turned a shop fan on the trunk and did the job anyway, and wasted no time getting it done either.

I hate just the thought of having to get in a car like that. We have a couple regulars here that are nasty. I won’t even mention what used item this one guy that brings in his car has. Plus the bushel of rotten bananas he always has. And unfortunately we can’t refuse to work on one. The only one we refused was one with dead deers and skunks in the back that stunk like mad and was overpowering the whole shop even with the doors open.
He's environmentally conscious and recycles. :ROFLMAO:

Back in 2005-2007 our departments work truck (F-150) was primarily driven by a guy who chain smoked. Once the ashtrays filled to be a small mountain of butts overflowing, he gave up on that and would throw his lit butts on the floor and grind them out with the sole of his shoe. He also left dozens of half filled disposable coffee cups all over the place. Many spilled on the dash and ran down into the vent holes. He would go postal if anyone complained. I avoided him and that truck as much as possible.
We used to have a guy that chewed tobacco.... He kept a "spittin' cup" in the cupholder and of course it and the whole area around it was caked with a buildup of nasty stinky tobacco and dried drool. This was on a Ford Ranger that was otherwise a pretty nice truck (I had it for awhile before he did), it even had a CD player.

We used to have a guy that chewed tobacco.... He kept a "spittin' cup" in the cupholder and of course it and the whole area around it was caked with a buildup of nasty stinky tobacco and dried drool. This was on a Ford Ranger that was otherwise a pretty nice truck (I had it for awhile before he did), it even had a CD player.
🤮

In 1997 I did a road trip for work with three colleagues. This was a multi-day inspection tour of installations at c. 12 rural sites.

The two other men insisted on taking a 2nd pool vehicle, even though the Cavalier wagon would have accommodated all four of us. I soon found out why.

I rode with the Alpha Woman, a chain smoker. She must have smoked close to a hundred roll-your-owns every day.

The company had a non-smoking policy for corporate cars and personal vehicles being used for company business, but none of the bosses would enforce it w.r.t. her.

After I got back, my wife threw out all the clothes I'd taken on the trip, figuring, correctly, that the smell would never come out.

The Alpha Woman died a few years of lung cancer.

Although I keep my cars tidy, I always clean and vacuum them before bringing them into the shop. I want the mechanic to know that the owner of the car takes care of it. Might add a little pride to his work.

That cup of chew tobacco spit is the worst. Turns my stomach.
Although I keep my cars tidy, I always clean and vacuum them before bringing them into the shop. I want the mechanic to know that the owner of the car takes care of it. Might add a little pride to his work.
This makes a big difference. I love working on someone’s car who takes a lot of pride in it.

That cup of chew tobacco spit is the worst. Turns my stomach.

This makes a big difference. I love working on someone’s car who takes a lot of pride in it.

I love working on someone’s car who takes a lot of pride in it.

Make sure you let them know that when you can. I would like to hear it even about my daily beater I drive.

Gross

I always clean my car before taking it in for service.

And as a side not. I did plumbing for 40 years. Some of the things that I saw was just unimaginable.

It looks like they tossed the whole ashtray out the window awhile back instead of just dumping the butts at a stoplight.

True, but unless it's Animal House their food doesn't impinge on my breathing.

I agree, smoking isn't a social norm anymore and it's seen as nasty by most. The smoker needs to realize this and be even cleaner than normal. I make special precautions to hide my smoking, most that don't know me personally don't know/smell I smoke.

Back