Walmart Supertech MC oil?

Originally Posted by Goodkat
It's weird how oil can become somewhat of an obsession.

I'll keep the Quicksilver in mind because I have plenty of motorcycles that need oil. I'm intrigued.

I have (2) motorcycles (2009 H-D bagger) (2016 Triumph 800 Tiger). My current oil inventory:
1.) M1 15w50 (3 qts of 1 ga jug)
2.) Mystik JT-8 15w50 syn blend (6 qts of 2 ga jug)
3.) Castrol Actevo 10w40 (unopened ga jug)
4.) M1 20w50 v-twin ( 2 qts)
5.) M1 10w40 4T m/c oil (7 qts)
6.) Shell Ultra syn 15w50 m/c oil (2 qts)
7.) Quicksilver 10w40 m/c syn (3 qts)
8.) Castrol Power 1 10w50 syn m/c (1 qt)
9.) Castrol Power 1 10w/40 syn m/c (1 qt)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
= 29 qts ..... I'm gonna need a few more filters
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I picked up some of the Supertech 10W-40 Full Synth for my 2006 GSX-R 750. Just did the OC today and shifting is silky smooth. Only reason I got this oil is I was looking for the ActEvo Castrol which they had none. Valvoline neither.

Only thing that nags me slightly is this oil is not on the JASO approved list. But neither was Rotella for the longest time. Neither was Royal Purple for that matter. The bottle says it meets MA2 and no slipping so far.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ncsteeltoe
Only thing that nags me slightly is this oil is not on the JASO approved list. But neither was Rotella for the longest time. Neither was Royal Purple for that matter. The bottle says it meets MA2 and no slipping so far.

Warren Distribution Inc blends the Supertech motorcycle oil. Mag 1 is Warrens signature oil and it's on the JASO approved list # 1308 & 1309. Warren also blends the UNO oil # 1306 & 1307. http://www.jalos.or.jp/onfile/pdf/4T_EV_LIST.pdf

Maybe the Supertech came out late to be on the 2019 list, or, Warren-Supertech didn't want to pay for the cert on this oil. Warren knows that Supertech will meet JASO MA2 requirements like it says on the bottle.

BTW, most places that sell MAG 1 4T full synthetic sell it for much less than Supertech 4T. Family Home and Farm has MAG 1 4T for $ 3.98 vs Walmart $ 8.43. Is the Supertech worth the extra cost over MAG 1 ? I doubt it, more than likely both are the same oil, who knows ?

https://mag1.com/products/98/pds/

Last edited:
So... What makes this Motorcycle oil 2x the price over a regular Non-conserving 10w-40 or a 15w-40 hdeo? any special Additives?

Last edited:
I have never understood why people buy thousands of dollars in a cycle, then dump the cheapest oil they can find in it.

You can say what you want about UOA's, no way I would use it in mine. Of course for 8.50 a quart, you might as well buy the Mobil 1.

Yes, this ^^^excellent post^^^.

Until there's an analysis showing the makeup of this oil, I've been really happy with Mobil 1 10w40 4T and will stick with it. Holds up over a 5000 Mile oci in my ZRX 1200 and despite my hesitancy to use MC specific oil on principle alone, it gets the job done with excellent shifting and TBN to spare on the back end.

My local Walmart only had the Super Tech 4 Stroke 10W40 in stock and it was $8.68 per quart. It was almost $1 more than the Valvoline 20W50 full synthetic oil. I was surprise at the price and thought it would be cheaper than all other brands.

Originally Posted by JPowell490
I have never understood why people buy thousands of dollars in a cycle, then dump the cheapest oil they can find in it.

You can say what you want about UOA's, no way I would use it in mine. Of course for 8.50 a quart, you might as well buy the Mobil 1.

And you have just proven that you care nothing for facts.

your cheap [censored] bike is nothing.

do you realize how you got to eat food today?

either SRT 15w40 or Delo 400 15w40 or Mobil 1300 15w40 or similar spent hours in a $300,000 tractor planting it, tilling it and then a $400,000 Combind cut it. then that same oil was used in a $250,000 semi to haul it to the store so
your 15,000 motorcycle could buy that loaf of bread. 10-25x cheaper bike

cheap oil?

does cheap oil haul 120,000lbs from socal to barstow to phoenix in 115F temps up that grade and cool dual turbos at
the same time? no, cheap oil doesnt.

you simply dont eat without SRT (and its cousins)

Originally Posted by sunruh

either SRT 15w40 or Delo 400 15w40 or Mobil 1300 15w40 or similar spent hours in a $300,000 tractor planting it, tilling it and then a $400,000 Combind cut it. then that same oil was used in a $250,000 semi to haul it to the store so

cheap oil?

does cheap oil haul 120,000lbs from socal to barstow to phoenix in 115F temps up that grade and cool dual turbos at

Have any actual EVIDENCE that Super Tech oil would not hold up to that use?

Thought not.

For the same reason people buy the cheapest gas they can find... it works... after all the base oil is either Mobil 1 or Warren Performance Products...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Jarlaxle
Originally Posted by sunruh

cheap oil?

Have any actual EVIDENCE that Super Tech oil would not hold up to that use?

Thought not.

clearly you didnt read this -> you simply dont eat without SRT (and its cousins)

SuperTech 15w40 would certainly be called a cousin of SRT.
and not only that, i've tested SuperTech. and not only have i tested it, but gave it a 3 thumbs up review.

All the posts here are 3 years old, but I can relate to them. My view about them is, if they carry the correct Jaso or API rating your bike's mfgr says is correct, then use it. One thing struck me a funny, recently I bought 5 qt of Valvoline MC oil for $7.99 a qt. Cheaper than it was 3 years ago. My new bike requires 10/40 wt Jaso 2, and or Api SL rated oil which Valvoline has, and the manual says to use it for proper clutch operation. Kawasaki sells their own branded oil, but doesn't say you have to use it. And of course it costs more that what you would pay in a auto parts store. I wouldn't waste $4.00 a gallon gas driving around , just to save .75 cents on the purchase of motor oil.,,

What I find odd is that Walmart's own Super Tech 10w40 full syn motorcycle oil is priced at $8.12/qt, while Valvoline 10w40 full syn motorcycle oil is priced at $7.67/qt. My local store carries them both..

Don't think I've seen an additive package posted for the 10w40 or 20w50 Walmart mc oil. I know what M1 has and it's in good quantities. M1 oils do good work in my bike.

With that said, my bike holds 3.3 quarts. 3 quarts of M1 in either flavor and the other three tenths of a quart of the Supertech to top it off. Super tech was on a very good sale last year so I picked up a few quarts of each for the express purpose of top off at the oil change.

Back