WalMart prices batteries very differently at different locations

What retailers are there left?
Walmart, Target, Dollar General, Costco, Meijer (regional-midwest, I presume there are similar stores in other regions), etc - for general merchandise
Kohls, Macy's, TJ Maxx/Marshalls, Old Navy, JC Penney, Ames, Burlington, etc - clothing
Kroger, Publix, Safeway, Albertsons, Trader Joe's, Aldi, etc - groceries

Walmart, Target, Dollar General, Costco, Meijer (regional-midwest, I presume there are similar stores in other regions), etc - for general merchandise
Kohls, Macy's, TJ Maxx/Marshalls, Old Navy, JC Penney, Ames, Burlington, etc - clothing
Kroger, Publix, Safeway, Albertsons, Trader Joe's, Aldi, etc - groceries
And how many of these are like Walmart?

That's a nice theory, but there's usually some wholesale market where all the produce comes in first. The lesser areas probably have lower quality produce because it's all picked over by the time you get there.

Higher end stores have better meats, produce because they get priority at the wholesale level.... Plus they have their own warehouse systems too .. And they get and order the better products.

As they pay for it too. So does the customer ..

Fresh Market and Harris Teeter have better meats and produce and seafood vs the other stores in my area because they order it and pay for it.

My truck battery has been struggling on cold mornings, and I noticed the same price differences on Brickseek. Last night I drove 25 minutes to one of the stores that listed my battery for 98.76. They had two on the shelf, both with 1/22 stickers, but the shelf tag said 129.84. I looked the battery up on my phone, and when I set that store, the price went down to 98.76. I explained the situation at checkout and a manager changed the price with no hassle.

I went online to purchase a replacement battery for my 2016 Tucson. The Ever Start Max 124R is priced at $98.76 at one store and $129.84 at the other store which is closest to me. These stores are about 17 minutes apart. Obviously I purchased from the lowest price store. It looks like they are charging people more in the areas that are more affluent. So if you are going to purchase something on line and pick it up it pays to shop different stores. I also had this happen with oil several years ago.
Does on place have the auto center open while other does not? I ask because the $30 maybe the fair cost to have one of their techs install the battery “free”.

What retailers are there left?
Hey if you dont like Walmart go to a different place.....People love to ***** about Walmart all of the time...yet they go back to shop...I have seen the local UAW Ford Union who says shop at a Union store....shop at Walmart....Why???? I bet because the prices are cheaper....

I thought the only batteries I have seen at Home Depot were for riding lawn tractors.

At Lowes I saw some fitness machines. A stretch from selling 2x4 and paints, etc.
Home depot started carrying automotive supplies a while ago. It's a very small section though, a section for car batteries and a shelf section with some basics like motor oil and other car fluids. Average prices, maybe better than Autozone/Advance Auto but not cheaper than Walmart.

Does on place have the auto center open while other does not? I ask because the $30 maybe the fair cost to have one of their techs install the battery “free”.
Interesting.... Let me check what I looked at again.

Nope, multiple locations with an auto-center sell a #35 battery for $98 while at least one with an auto-center sells it for $129. Brickseek gives results for (10) nearby locations and only two were at the higher price, one I know for a fact has an auto-center and according to Google, that other location does as well.

Zero issues at all. If you go to a location with an auto center, they'll make you take it back there and they'll test it, no different than an auto parts store would do. Want to avoid that ? Go to a WM location that doesn't have an auto center.
Or go at 10:40 at night when the TLE is closed.

I've had no issues with warranty returns at WM either. Other than the battery going bad within the warranty period and having to get checked out in a timely manner. "Timely" being defined as <30-40 minutes.

I usually buy my batteries at Rural King. The last batteries I bought about 1 1/2 years ago were something like $55-60 each. Last time I was in there I noticed they'd gone to about $80. These are 1 year free replacement and 5 year pro rated warranty. I think the Maxx batteries at my local Walmart are about $130. Inflation has hit everything. That's what happens when the government prints money as fast as the printing presses can run then send it out in stimulus checks. A while back we went to buy a package of frozen fish fillets and the price had doubled since the previous package bought just a few weeks prior.

I guess I haven't purchased any vehicle batteries in quite a while. Last time I bought a car battery (and it was at Wally World), it was around $50...

Back