walmart fuel system clean

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys i have a question. last night i took my car to get the fuel system service done at walmart. when i got the car back i had no brake pressure, i look under the car and brake fluid is pouring out the bottom. i show them and he say yeah it was like that when it came in. now my nephew works for one and he said if it was like that they couldnt work on it.for insurance purposes i also noticed he drove it around the shop for a sec then came creeping it back. i confronted him about it he takes pictures of it and shows them to me but he took pictures of the frame and said see how rusty it is. when i told him i do know what you took pictures of and thats not the brake lines he retreated his story.any suggestions on what could he have done? because the brake lines are new about a year old i had the dreaded chevry rusty brake lines and did them last year

Maybe they tapped into a brake line instead of the fuel line.

They'd never admit it .threaten legal action and a bunch of bad press ,IF, it's their screw-up.

he said all he did was use the brake booster line. i knew something was wrong he even gave me the bottle to pour into the gas tank and said do it later not right now

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: FL_Rob
Maybe they tapped into a brake line instead of the fuel line.

They'd never admit it .threaten legal action and a bunch of bad press ,IF, it's their screw-up.

+1

wooooowwwwwwwww.....ive seen the fuel system services performed. Especially the BG ones. Its pretty straightforward. Where do they find these absolute morons?

Yeah, definitely contact management of the store. Not his supervisor, the manager of the store. Complain like mad. You clearly would notice such a problem. There should also be a trail of brake fluid leading into the bay as well as out.

I agree, nobody in their right mind would fix the fuel system and let the customer attempt to leave without first at least stating that there was a clear safety problem. Dude messed it up.

yeah thats what i want to know how can you mess that up. but they did. and had the nerve top tell me i brought it like that with no brakes

It would be good to know where it is leaking. If it's from a flex line going to a wheel, for example, it is hard to see how a fuel system flush got anywhere near it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: macdole99
he said all he did was use the brake booster line. i knew something was wrong he even gave me the bottle to pour into the gas tank and said do it later not right now

If I recall correctly, the WM treatment is a 2-part deal. They use the brake booster vacuum line for the first step, then add a bottle to the tank IF there is enough fuel. Otherwise they give the bottle to the customer and tell them to add it next time they get gas.

Does this Tahoe have a vacuum brake booster, or a Hydroboost brake booster?

If Hydroboost, I wonder if they got confused and opened up something they shouldn't have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back