Wal Mart 15w-40 oil faired better in UOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the Wing just has BIG gears in the transmission. Compare it to, say, a 600cc sportbike with all those cute little gears.
LOL.gif

Yes that is the "spin down" I was referring to. It's a little easier to experiment with that on with a Harley...... the primary chain case/clutch are separate. I've played around with different types in the primary/transmission and it appears that the lube type in the primary chain case makes much more difference that what's in the transmission. The Wing is different, having a shared sump for everything. Still, some oils produce better shifting than others, at least for about the first 3,000 miles or so.

Originally Posted By: sunruh
kargo,
please don't believe me. its not like i've been doing this for 6 years and 7 months.
go spend the $22.50 x 8 (plus postage) plus the price of oil to prove it yourself.
oh and that quantity of oil you will need is for 2 changes.
and you will also need about 16 hours of riding time of which at least 12 will be in offroad competition.

Hey Steve,
I recognize you from Thumper Talk. Are you still using the Super Tech? I just dumped the last of my '04 vintage M1 red cap in the WR250 and was thinking of trying something different. I don't see the need to spend extra $ for no gain. Is the Super Tech 15w-40 dino or what-just want to make sure I get the right flavor.

st is good oil for the money...i remember a bitog tech saying is tests about as good as any other oil

make that blackstone tech...he also said they all use regular oil instead of syn at blackstone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back