Wait, Whats this? 2021 Trail125 ABS

2021-trail125-abs-glowing_red-650x380.png

Kinda disappointed in colors for 2021 - Basically everything is red... Like the Blue Money, but if you want ABS = Red. Super Cub = Red

MSRP just shy of $4000 this will be must have bumper candy for the well-heeled motor coach crowd.

My farm cousins had a well used Trail 90 back in the 70s that they beat unmercifully and couldn't kill it. Uncle probably paid $50 for it.

You need ABS when a squirrel jumps out in front of you on the trail. :ROFLMAO:

On the pavement yes. I would hope the ABS can be shut off in the dirt. It looks to be a pretty sweet bike. Having that sit between my Super Tenere and Beta would be pretty cool.

And what a blast to tool around town and in the campgrounds/national parks. It would be a perfect bike for Death Valley exploring!!

Apparently it’s called the “Hunter Cub” in other markets and in those markets comes in a earthy color with a black rack.

A fellow down under got 102 KPH out of it so top speed is 63 - 64 ish...

I can see it being useful.

the only trail that is worthy of being on is a kids playground

Agree.

I owned a CT90 as a kid, and I've got to admit, it was as incapable a motorcycle as there has ever been. For the life of me, I can't understand why people insist on such substandard performance. Modern suspension, frame rigidity, engine output and more make for great motorcycles.

I'll bet a dollar the new Honda trail bike is many pounds heavier than the original too. The original was about 190 pounds dry, and the new one is 260+ with fuel. So it's not easy to compare. In any case, I could easily lift the CT90 over the 2 and 3" branches it could not go over....

CMET (Central Mississippi Enduro Team) used to have a small fleet of the trail 90's. We used them for everything and you couldn't kill them. If they died, it meant they were out of gas. I remember getting ready for the National (89?) and we were out arrowing the trails. It had just came a flood the day before and a lot of the trails were under water. Three of us were leap frogging while putting up arrows and I felt sorry for these bikes. I didn't know a engine could take that kind of punishment!

If these are half of what the old ones were, they'll last a lifetime!

Agree.

I owned a CT90 as a kid, and I've got to admit, it was as incapable a motorcycle as there has ever been. For the life of me, I can't understand why people insist on such substandard performance. Modern suspension, frame rigidity, engine output and more make for great motorcycles.

I'll bet a dollar the new Honda trail bike is many pounds heavier than the original too. The original was about 190 pounds dry, and the new one is 260+ with fuel. So it's not easy to compare. In any case, I could easily lift the CT90 over the 2 and 3" branches it could not go over....

my friend and i rode his gold minitrail50 on a frozen pond until it was no longer frozen.
bike went completely under
it was still running when we pulled it out
still running fine years later too

girl down the street had a green minitrail70 that she rode all summer without any oil in it.
didnt seem to matter

and i remember quite vividly the first time i heard my friend and his atc90 go by the house
what the heck was that and i went tearing out into the driveway
ran back in...mom can i ride? grabbed my metalic blue roper helmet and off to chase him down on my '77YZ80D
that atc90 was a true all-terrain cycle...he and i took that thing across (in) every pond and lake in the area. we never got it stuck
it never stalled, never had an issue.
the odessey he replaced it with...ugggg that thing was horrid

all 3 of those honda's were the eeeee pit o me of durable and fun.

a ct90 is a moped without pedals and 3grand too much ... doesnt need efi
for 1200 more get a crf250l (ie the old xl250) and actually be able to handle riding on a lawn
or better yet for merely 700 more get a klx230 that also has abs!

Last edited:
Back