VW Jetta GLI a year or two old&ACC

twouvakind

Site Donor 2024
Was lurking around the new and CPO scene for the manual Autobahn and noticed Adaptive Cruise Control is not available, what gives? Do current manual owners "miss the option"? I am almost feeling like it is a dealbreaker-technology wise. Me like cruise control and ACC seemed like a no brainer option/technological upgrade to conventional cruise.

Manual transmission is a limiting factor for remote start is also a consideration in all vehicles. Manual transmissions can also equate to the lowest level of packaging for many manufacturers which would mean no frills. VW doesn't really offer remote start at all and don't offer much in the way of upscale models. Perhaps you can shift to the Audi equivalent if there is one and see what it offers.

Oh, the GLI is frilly just sans ACC. VWVortex hinted to grill design and (moving) shutters.

Audi dropped all manual transmission options in 2017, so it would have to be a cpo. I know the mustang gt manual offered cruise but within certain limits.

GLIs have cruise control, just not active. I think SEL or SEL-P are the only Jettas with active cruise. There was some talk on the 'tex about being able to enable it on some models that don't come with it, but i haven't really followed it since I don't think its all that useful, it is easy enough to tap up or down if needed...

The GTI has both 6 speed manual and ACC so it can be done. No idea why the GLI wouldn't have it too, maybe to cut costs?

I’ve used ACC in a few cars, and it always made me nervous. I’ve never liked it.

I had a ‘19 GLI for almost a year and found it to be a great cruiser. Very quiet and comfortable, adequate power (only weighs 3200lbs), and pretty fuel efficient. I did find it boring, though. Traded it for a GTI this past weekend.

Back