VW Factory Fill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I just picked up a 2013 Jetta S as a lease. Maintenance is all covered, but does anyone know what the factory fill is for VW? I know it's a synthetic and the oil cap mentions how VW recommends Castrol. The reason I ask is that I want to have an extra quart on hand to top off if the car uses some oil during break-in. I can get any VW 502/503/504 approved 5w30 or 5w40 as stated in the manual, but I'm curious.

Thanks!

A special oil made by Castrol that's not sold retail in the US (except at the dealer).

However, you can get GC 0w30 which is a very good product.

Don't forget about M1 0w40 at Walmart as well!

Yeah, its dealer-only 'Castrol SLX' or 'OE' 5W-30.

Not a bad oil at all, just not 'seen' much.

Cool, interesting. I always hear about German Castrol but where does everyone buy it? I've never seen it in my region in person and I'm certainly not paying $10 shipping for 1 quart. Lol

Putting anything into the car as top off oil is far better than the vast majority of folks who lease cars do, run cars low on oil.

OK this thread is throwing me a little bit. I thought if your car required a special item like oil only available from the dealer it had to be supplied free.

Originally Posted By: wally6934
OK this thread is throwing me a little bit. I thought if your car required a special item like oil only available from the dealer it had to be supplied free.

Oil meeting the VW specs. is available on the shelf, I was just wondering what was put in from the factory so I can at least stay within the same brand for top offs and know a little more about the car.

I'm going to treat this lease as if I bought it. Who knows, I may decide to buy it out at the end or worst case is the dealer gets back a car in excellent condition. Lol

Good for you and your way of thinking....that IS the correct way to handle a lease!

On a sorta similar note, I've always parked my personal vehicles far away from the crowds and to this day, treat rentals the same way. It might not BE mine, but I'm going to TREAT it as mine while it's in my possession.

You can also get 0w-40 European Formula Castrol Edge now that it has been released in the US

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back