VW 504/507

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody around here has a VW 504/507 approved oil in stock for sale. I have a customer bringing in a 2013 Jetta TDI for 40k service.
I finally found Total Quartz Ineo Long Life 5w30 at a small local parts store. Plattsburgh Motor Service came through for me. They also have the DSG transmission oil that it calls for at 40k.
I can't believe that the offerings for VW 504/507 are so limited and hard to find.

NAPA doesn't have a store any closer than half an hour from us. Nobody sells Mobil 1 ESP or Castrol SLX Professional by us. No VW dealer within an hour's drive. Plattsburgh Motor Service is affiliated with Burlington Foreign Car Parts. They only had the Total Quartz Ineo in stock on this side of Lake Champlain. $36 for a 5 quart jug.
We have AAP and AZ, but neither carry any 504/507 approved oils.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: salv
NAPA doesn't have a store any closer than half an hour from us. Nobody sells Mobil 1 ESP or Castrol SLX Professional by us. No VW dealer within an hour's drive. Plattsburgh Motor Service is affiliated with Burlington Foreign Car Parts. They only had the Total Quartz Ineo in stock on this side of Lake Champlain. $36 for a 5 quart jug.
We have AAP and AZ, but neither carry any 504/507 approved oils.

PepBoys carry M1 ESP 5W30.
On other hand, Total Ineo MC3 is premium oil.

They are hard to find... But how many cars really use it. Pep Boys, Napa and VW dealers stock this stuff. Doubt there is enough market for everyone to...

Our autogroup has a VW franchise about 120 miles south of us. When they sell a car to someone in our area, they tell them that we can perform their regular services even though we are a Hyundai franchise. They are the closest VW dealer to us in NY. I gladly provide them service, usually at a less expensive rate than our VW store. I always try and use the proper spec fluids unless the customer declines. This is the first time I have had to do any hunting for parts.
It is good to know that the little local store can meet our needs better than the chain stores.

Originally Posted By: salv
Nobody around here has a VW 504/507 approved oil in stock for sale. I have a customer bringing in a 2013 Jetta TDI for 40k service.
I finally found Total Quartz Ineo Long Life 5w30 at a small local parts store. Plattsburgh Motor Service came through for me. They also have the DSG transmission oil that it calls for at 40k.
I can't believe that the offerings for VW 504/507 are so limited and hard to find.

Amsoil has a few VAG spec oils. We use about $15k in Amsoil a year. Great results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back