Vredestein High Trac vs Yokohama Ascend GT vs Goodyear Assurance Comfortred

I'm getting close to needing tires for 2014 4cyl Toyota Camry SE. Current tire is Michelin Premier, love that tire but they no longer make it. I'm considering the three tires in the subject line plus the Continental LS. I have the Continental LS on my 2008 Volvo and like them pretty well. The Vredestein looks to be a particularly desirable tire. Any opinions based upon actual experience with these tires?

You mentioned G/Y Comfortred, did you mean ComfortDrive, which has replaced the Comfortred?
We've have had the Comfortred when they were made and I like them on my wife's LEXUS but I can't answer for the other tires you mentioned.

What are you looking for in a tire for your Camry SE? The SE being more sporty handling but could have a harsher ride than other Camry's with the wrong tires. For example, I like tires that soak up road imperfections rather than crashing over them, while still having good handling/cornering. And tires that can take on the most foul weather that I will encounter. All while still riding well.

Buy tires that fit your needs, driving style & climate. You mentioned that you like the Premier's. Look for tires that mimic the Michelin's characteristics.

I just put the Vredestein Quatrac on my Miata. It's a Euro tire, can find on the British Vredestein page but not the American page. A really nice 3-peak snowflake tire. Very confidential feel now in the car, no more joint slappy twangs anymore. Old old Korean tires came off.

You mentioned G/Y Comfortred, did you mean ComfortDrive, which has replaced the Comfortred?
We've have had the Comfortred when they were made and I like them on my wife's LEXUS but I can't answer for the other tires you mentioned.

What are you looking for in a tire for your Camry SE? The SE being more sporty handling but could have a harsher ride than other Camry's with the wrong tires. For example, I like tires that soak up road imperfections rather than crashing over them, while still having good handling/cornering. And tires that can take on the most foul weather that I will encounter. All while still riding well.

Buy tires that fit your needs, driving style & climate. You mentioned that you like the Premier's. Look for tires that mimic the Michelin's characteristics.
I did mean ComfortDrive, must have traveled back in time 10 years or so. The SE is a little harsher than my wifes 18 LE and if that could be tamed without sacrificing too much other stuff it would be good. The Premier's trait that I like most is the expanding groove so that wet performance is maintained all the way through the treadlife. Both the Ascend GT and ComfortDrive would probably tone down harshness. HiTrac is the best handling and wet performance of the bunch although all four that I mentioned are supposedly good in the rain. I believe that you choose among the tires that are acceptable across the board and then pick the one that's best in the wet. That's when there is most on the line. That may really answer the question in favor of the Vredestein's. I shop Discount Tire and they don't carry Verestein but Tire Rack does and my understanding is that DT now owns Tirerack. Thank you for the responses.

Coninental TrueContact Tour gets really good wet ratings and reviews. Michelin CC2 gets that with 3PMSF ratings also.
We have Michelin CC2 on my wife's 18 Camry and I'm generally impressed by the tire. There's something about the CC2 that doesn't really connect with me and I must confess it could be something as superficial as it's not visually appealing.

Back