VPN for iOS devices when traveling overseas: how hard and is it necessary?

I don't know if I recommend Nord or not, when I first signed up it was horrible but then overtime it got a lot better but now I'm having issues with my desktop disconnecting and before their support recommended changing the protocol and I had it on auto but then I changed it to NordLynx. From what I understand TCP is the best for stability but UDP is for speed. Honestly I'm thinking of dropping them and go with someone else. I do not have these same issues with my phone.

I don't know if I recommend Nord or not, when I first signed up it was horrible but then overtime it got a lot better but now I'm having issues with my desktop disconnecting and before their support recommended changing the protocol and I had it on auto but then I changed it to NordLynx. From what I understand TCP is the best for stability but UDP is for speed. Honestly I'm thinking of dropping them and go with someone else. I do not have these same issues with my phone.
Curious why you are using a VPN at home, do you think your ISP is spying on your DNS queries?

Curious why you are using a VPN at home, do you think your ISP is spying on your DNS queries?
I do not use their DNS servers. Just kinda odd that I started having issues with Nord again and wonder if my recent issues were just them. I just went with Surfshark and got 36 months for $84.74 plus an extra month free, all for about $2.35 and some change per month.

I do not use their DNS servers. Just kinda odd that I started having issues with Nord again and wonder if my recent issues were just them. I just went with Surfshark and got 36 months for $84.74 plus an extra month free, all for about $2.35 and some change per month.
Given that most traffic is encrypted, other than DNS queries (and DNS traffic, since it's plain text unless you are using DoH) I'm just curious what it is you feel your ISP is potentially gleaning from your traffic that you want to hide with a VPN.

Given that most traffic is encrypted, other than DNS queries (and DNS traffic, since it's plain text unless you are using DoH) I'm just curious what it is you feel your ISP is potentially gleaning from your traffic that you want to hide with a VPN.
Streaming out of network. I must live in a hole because a lot of stuff isn't available in my area and/or blocked out.

I called my payroll provider (ADP) and was told I could log into their website from Korea no problem but was also suggested to use a VPN; forgot to ask why but I assume for security issues although from this thread, not so much?

From my iPad, was recommended I use the Google Chrome app, not Safari which up to now is my only browser.

Some states south of the Canadian border are a little backwards.

Now that is just too funny.... in the past I've seen other states but not this one so must've happened fairly recent but I don't really keep up with the news here. I watch a lot of games that are not broadcasted in my area due to being black listed or the local network already has the rights to air other games that I'm not interested in or shows that are only broadcasted overseas.

As of right now it doesn't appear that Nord is the current source of my problems but I have had some with them previously.

Back