VOA Yamalube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good eye Popsy - another reason I dropped this oil for RP HPM - it has 10.1 and is NMMA certified ...

Apart that, good dose of Moly + Boron
laugh.gif

A "dated" formulation maybe?

My Yamaha specs 5w30 or 10w30 FCW ... I also wanted a 10w30 synthetic and that led me to RP HPM.

Yamaha has more tolerance for VII. Compare that to Merc 25W40 - they don't want VII ...
(Maybe its the racing side of Merc pushing that) ...

The statement about iron being uncommon is incorrect and has nothing to do with storage drums.

Metal deactivators and rust preventive additives (part of the additive package) cause this reading.

Thanks. Makes sense having seen similar Fe content in VOAs of othwr oils. Any thoughts on whether this oil would be better for gas outboard marine engines, than say T6?

I would think that the Yamalube would have extra metal deactivators and rust preventive additives to deal with the humid environment.

Last edited:
Looks like a Redline oil, with loads of Moly and more normal Boron and Zinc. Near the top end of the SAE range. Not enough Ca for a diesel, so it looks more like a Bike oil in several ways, apart from the excessive Mo.

Can't understand why Blackstone commented on the Iron, as 1 ppm is not the end of the world!

Last edited:
Yamaha sells two oils for the 4 stroke outboard - this one and the 4M 10w30 Dino ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back