VOA - HPoil PD 0w-20

The high amount of moly would hurt it in Teost 33c. However, that test is also going out of favor due to a lack of direct correlation to deposits in an actual engine. Sequence III-H would be the better test, but that's not cheap.
Do they give lower viscosity 0w20 oil a pass versus a 5w30 on the Teost 33 or similar deposit test? Seems high moly is normal in low viscosity.

High Performance Lubricants blends the oils for HPL, but they are not the same oil formulas as High Performance Lubricants oils. The initials "HPL" brand is owned by a separate distributor. (Harry Hruska)

High Performance Lubricants blends the oils for HPL, but they are not the same oil formulas as High Performance Lubricants oils. The initials "HPL" brand is owned by a separate distributor. (Harry Hruska)
So, which brand is better for Toyotas with 0W-16 and 0W-20 requirements all using 5K OCI?

So, which brand is better for Toyotas with 0W-16 and 0W-20 requirements all using 5K OCI?
It’s been discussed in other threads- HPLoil is really if you’re running something built, powered, or tuned by Harry Hruska. It’s a different oil than HPL that’s offered on advlubrication.com, and is tailored specifically to what Harry wanted to see in “his” private label oil. Speculation here since it’s proprietary- It’s likely blended with some different base oils and definitely different additives designed for high-powered, shorter interval street/strip cars that are likely subject to closer monitoring than the average daily driver is.

The “regular” PCMO from HPL (advlubrication.com) is plenty stout in its own right and the tiers get stronger from there. These oils are intended for daily drivers, fleets, and designed to maximize lubricant life and performance in these situations. @High Performance Lubricants has been as transparent as possible without divulging proprietary secrets, and will not oversell you on which tier/oil you need to provide maximum protection for your application. Reach out to them to confirm which tier meets what you need!

From the VOA HPL adds a lot more Moly to their oils.
650 for advanced lubrication
1750 for HPL.

It’s been discussed in other threads- HPLoil is really if you’re running something built, powered, or tuned by Harry Hruska. It’s a different oil than HPL that’s offered on advlubrication.com, and is tailored specifically to what Harry wanted to see in “his” private label oil. Speculation here since it’s proprietary- It’s likely blended with some different base oils and definitely different additives designed for high-powered, shorter interval street/strip cars that are likely subject to closer monitoring than the average daily driver is.

The “regular” PCMO from HPL (advlubrication.com) is plenty stout in its own right and the tiers get stronger from there. These oils are intended for daily drivers, fleets, and designed to maximize lubricant life and performance in these situations. @High Performance Lubricants has been as transparent as possible without divulging proprietary secrets, and will not oversell you on which tier/oil you need to provide maximum protection for your application. Reach out to them to confirm which tier meets what you need!
Saw in a recent Cleetus McFarland video they had a box of HPLoil when they were at the track with Leeroy. I remember seeing a glimpse of it on I think Rocky Mountain race week with Mullet (which has a Steve Morris engine). Seems like darn good oil, protected Mullet over 3,000+ road miles and 150+ passes down the drag strip judging by Steve’s tear down video of it. Leeroy burns exclusively methanol, Mullet burns both pump gas and methanol.

Its not a Steve Morris SMX or SML. Its an engine built by Steve. Brodix block, conventional aluminum heads, etc, etc.

Page down a little on his https://www.stevemorrisengines.com/ home page and today there are the 3-video links to the Mullet engine teardown. A fourth and final video in this series will be posted soon. They are very interesting videos. If I win THE BILLION $ lottery tonight, I'll be ordering 2 each of his SMX & SML engines. (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

I'm running a load (11 qts) of HPLoil.com Performace synthetic.
https://www.hploil.com/product-page/0w20-synthetic-motor-oil-case-12-quarts
in my stock 07 GM premium gasoline 6.2L all aluminum L92 w/185k miles. By late summer I will have accumulated 6k-7k miles and will do a UOA and of course post it here on BITOG.

Last Monday nite, while watching "Street Outlaws" on tv, James Love, aka "Doc" was being interviewed, and in the background was a case of HPLoil.com oil. Interesting 👍

Its not a Steve Morris SMX or SML. Its an engine built by Steve. Brodix block, conventional aluminum heads, etc, etc.

Page down a little on his https://www.stevemorrisengines.com/ home page and today there are the 3-video links to the Mullet engine teardown. A fourth and final video in this series will be posted soon. They are very interesting videos. If I win THE BILLION $ lottery tonight, I'll be ordering 2 each of his SMX & SML engines. (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

I'm running a load (11 qts) of HPLoil.com Performace synthetic.
https://www.hploil.com/product-page/0w20-synthetic-motor-oil-case-12-quarts
in my stock 07 GM premium gasoline 6.2L all aluminum L92 w/185k miles. By late summer I will have accumulated 6k-7k miles and will do a UOA and of course post it here on BITOG.

Last Monday nite, while watching "Street Outlaws" on tv, James Love, aka "Doc" was being interviewed, and in the background was a case of HPLoil.com oil. Interesting 👍
That thing holds 11qts??

Interesting pic
FB_IMG_1671910553543.jpg

I've seen HPL in a few Steve Morris videos, and he ships it with the engines he builds. You can also see HPL bottles in Cleetus McFarland's videos featuring his 6 second El Camino, "Mullet". I think Steve recommends they use that engine oil. It's pretty neat to see, if you ask me. I can't remember what the relationship is between this HPL and @High Performance Lubricants, but it's still pretty cool to see a connection with big racing folks like Steve and Cleetus McFarland.

That thing holds 11qts??
If you're asking about my GM 6.2L L92? yes, I plumbed the block oil cooler outlet port so that some oil goes 1) thru a small Hayden brand oil cooler I added, 2) then thru a remote mounted spin on bypass filter I added, 3) then thru a 1 gal oil tank I added, then back into the block via the oil cooler inlet port.

Oil leaves a port on the top of the 1 gal oil tank so it doesn't gravity feed to the oil pan. Thus, the dipstick reads normally.

When I say my 6.2L is stock? I mean I haven't done any mods to increase its horsepower.

If you're asking about my GM 6.2L L92? yes, I plumbed the block oil cooler outlet port so that some oil goes 1) thru a small Hayden brand oil cooler I added, 2) then thru a remote mounted spin on bypass filter I added, 3) then thru a 1 gal oil tank I added, then back into the block via the oil cooler inlet port.

Oil leaves a port on the top of the 1 gal oil tank so it doesn't gravity feed to the oil pan. Thus, the dipstick reads normally.

When I say my 6.2L is stock? I mean I haven't done any mods to increase its horsepower.
👀

I'm thinking of trying this oil in my Miata. Certainly way more properties to it than my car requires. It's just a weekend driver with occasional commutes during the week. Every now and then I plan on pushing it up to the redline....at least I'l be very confident the oil can easily handle it while protecting my investment.

Back