VOA - HPoil PD 0w-20

And now for something completely different :) at least it is to me.
This VOA is for HPLoil 0w-20.
I plan to do an xOCI in my 2007 Yukon Denali w/all aluminum 6.2L L92.

What say you?
HPLoil.com.JPG

HPL #s.jpg

HPL case.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how well this oil would do in a turbo deposit test? I assume it's great knowing how HPL formulates. It's been stated that oil with high levels of moly struggle on the TEOST/GM Turbo tests.

Love the Made In USA on box.

From the tiny bit I know about it? it's a race oil, purposely formulated for racers like Mike Murillo of No Prep Kings tv show fame and his 3k to 4k hp methanol fueled turbo mustang.

I'll see how is does in my conservatively driven ole high mileage Yukon.

The high amount of moly would hurt it in Teost 33c. However, that test is also going out of favor due to a lack of direct correlation to deposits in an actual engine. Sequence III-H would be the better test, but that's not cheap.
Sorry I didn't realize this was their racing oil. You're right about the TEOST. Doesn't test how well it prevents deposits in used oil.

Anti-foaming additives can show up in an analysis as Si.

Interesting, Thanks for the response. I just went through your neck of the woods yesterday. This warm weather down here blows my mind being a Missourian all my life.

From the tiny bit I know about it? it's a race oil, purposely formulated for racers like Mike Murillo of No Prep Kings tv show fame and his 3k to 4k hp methanol fueled turbo mustang.

I'll see how is does in my conservatively driven ole high mileage Yukon.
You bought their passenger car oil not the race oil. Wonder how different the two are?
The race oil is 280 bucks for 12 qts. 👀

You bought their passenger car oil not the race oil. Wonder how different the two are?
The race oil is 280 bucks for 12 qts. 👀
The race oil would have said 0w20 Pro-light on the bottle. I see they have it on sale for $247 now.
Screenshot_20221219-060003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This oil isn't a "race" oil per say. You could call it a "Street/Strip" oil or a streetable race oil. It has all the goods of a low friction, strong anti-wear race oil with standard DI pack to make it stand up to normal street intervals. The intended market is like the high powered hot rod, setup for drag racing, but makes the 1,000 mile drive during drag week and gets driven to local cruise-ins and such. It works great in a common commuter engine as well. It's just overkill. Some of us like overkill though.

Back