Virgin Fram Pro Synthetic FPS3980 C&P

I found another Rockauto closeout I couldn't resist, I actually needed a few filters for the Grand Prix so it was perfect timing. Bought 10 at $0.90 each. Sacrificed one for this C&P. Probably tops the list for best filter deal I've gotten at RA.

Filter looks as I'd expected having seen many Fram Ultra/XG filters cut open on this forum. Haven't seen the insides of a new one in person though, and I wanted to confirm these "pro' filters were the real deal. Overall the filter reeks of quality IMO, my only nitpick would be the uneven pleat spacing around the seam. This is a filter for GM applications; there is no bypass integrated into the filter.

Couldn't find a date code on the filter, can anyone help me in locating one? Copyright date on the box is 2013 for what it's worth.

24P4bj.md.jpg

24PrOb.md.jpg

24Pg5u.md.jpg

24PPzx.md.jpg

24PiWQ.md.jpg

24PssV.md.jpg

24PQqB.md.jpg

Last edited:
Exactly right ^^^^^^^^^^↑↑

I have seen Fram Ultra 7317s after long run usage with the media like the one cut open here. And those filters always have held up perfectly.

I am glad the Fram Titanium is available at AAP. I think they have a Fram Titanium and Amalie Dexos full synthetic oil for $25.99... That's a fair decent deal in my opinion.

Has the name of the grey sheet metal piece in the first picture ever been used here on BITOG?

It's an assembly spacer, no?

My guess is that these can be made in differing sizes to accommodate variations in can length or element assembly length.

Has the name of the grey sheet metal piece in the first picture ever been used here on BITOG?

It's an assembly spacer, no?

My guess is that these can be made in differing sizes to accommodate variations in can length or element assembly length.

I think it acts as a leaf spring to keep everything tight together in the can.

The latest ones have the code easily visible on the side. Before it was a hard to find almost engraving type and it may be under the label.

Back