Vintage photo of a L1011 and a 747 PAX jet at LAX

WT, there are plenty of them from Capital Air to America West.

The only one that was a significant loss was Midwest Express, which truly provided domestically for all passengers "the best care in the air". Of weird note, I was on a Midwest Express flight from DFW to MKE on the morning of 11SEP2001.
America West, yes I forgot about them and Midwest too. We still have lots of empty gates at the STL airport from the TWA days. I heard last year (rumor mill) that Frontier was in talks with the city about making STL a second hub....but so far nothing has happened.

It was really odd, but Pacific Southwest Airlines operated them. Odd because they were otherwise completely narrow body running a lot of short-haul flights.

PSA-Lower-Desk-Lounge-Airstairs-via-Pinterest.jpg

Someone mentioned Stargazer?

It was really odd, but Pacific Southwest Airlines operated them. Odd because they were otherwise completely narrow body running a lot of short-haul flights.

PSA-Lower-Desk-Lounge-Airstairs-via-Pinterest.jpg

Found a diagram showing the size difference, where the 727 was the dominant aircraft in their fleet. I'm still trying to figure out how it worked into PSA's plans since they were running frequent SFO-LAX service, and then one plane with nearly double the capacity every once in a while.

04-09-12+05.png

Back