Video : How to install your wheels

How else would you install wheels....?

1. Jack up the car. Eyeball the location of the jack. Is it on the pinch weld? Eh, close enough. Don't need a jack stand since we won't be under the car.
2. Grab the Earthquake XT 1/2" cordless impact you got from Harbor Freight and a 19mm chrome socket. Remove lugs.
3. Yank on wheel to remove.
3a. If wheel doesn't come off with a firm yank, sit on the ground, place your hands on the ground behind your back for support and kick the wheel until it's loose. As it comes off, it will surely bash the rim barrel against the nicely pained Brembo caliper. Don't worry about it. Nobody will notice the chipped paint on the Brembo caliper and if they do, you can just blame it on the last guy.
4. Put copious amounts of anti-seize on the hub, rotor, and studs.
5. Install wheel. You probably won't line up the lug holes on the first try. Just keep bashing the wheel against the studs until the studs and lug holes line up. Again, no worries about scratches, chips, or gouges on the rim barrel or caliper.
6. Load up your lug nut in a 19mm chrome socket with a lug and spin that sucker right on with your HF Earthquake XT.
6a. If it cross-threads going on, just just run it backward and forward a couple dozen times. It will cut the threads it needs.
7. Give it a good 9-15 ugga-duggas to make sure nothing is going to fall off.
8. Repeat steps 6-7 on remaining lugs.
9. Lower the vehicle as quickly as possible.
10. Repeat steps 1-9 for remaining wheels.

I assure you, more people (both shops and people at home) remove and install wheels like this than the way the video showed.

And here I'd been using Krazy Glue all these years! Look, even a young Scotty Kilmer approves!

1. Jack up the car. Eyeball the location of the jack. Is it on the pinch weld? Eh, close enough. Don't need a jack stand since we won't be under the car.
2. Grab the Earthquake XT 1/2" cordless impact you got from Harbor Freight and a 19mm chrome socket. Remove lugs.
3a. If wheel doesn't come off with a firm yank, sit on the ground, place your hands on the ground behind your back for support and kick the wheel until it's loose. As it comes off, it will surely bash the rim barrel against the nicely pained Brembo caliper. Don't worry about it. Nobody will notice the chipped paint on the Brembo caliper and if they do, you can just blame it on the last guy.
5. Install wheel. You probably won't line up the lug holes on the first try. Just keep bashing the wheel against the studs until the studs and lug holes line up. Again, no worries about scratches, chips, or gouges on the rim barrel or caliper.
6. Load up your lug nut in a 19mm chrome socket with a lug and spin that sucker right on with your HF Earthquake XT.
6a. If it cross-threads going on, just just run it backward and forward a couple dozen times. It will cut the threads it needs.

I assure you, more people (both shops and people at home) remove and install wheels like this than the way the video showed.
If I would have had a drink in my mouth, I would have spit it out.

Thanks!!! A lot of priceless tips in your post.;):ROFLMAO::LOL:

haha, I thought it was all Harbor Freight stuff.
the-interview-james-franco.gif

I like the HF jacks, they're fine, but looked like he had a set of their widowmaker stands.

I like the HF jacks, they're fine, but looked like he had a set of their widowmaker stands.
Yes, I have one also. The universal joint broke shortly after I bought it but I was able to replace the roll pins and get it back into action. It's been fine for a few years now.

Back