very low,intermittent connection on laptop..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: daves66nova
I wanted to use it to connect a cantenna to it.

Ahhhhhh, OK.

Just use the internal one.

Well all I can say that hasn't been said is to remove the card, uninstall the drivers, reboot, install new drivers from the manufacturer's website, reboot, then plug the card in and let it get detected. Reboot again and see if that doesn't help you. Also, you might get into c:\program files and see about deleting the folder that contained the old software after you uninstall it to make sure no configuration files or logs are held over from the old install.

Originally Posted By: youdontwannaknow
and same for adjusting the power management of the card except after "properties", you click on the "Configure" button besides the card/adapter name.
So how do you adjust the power on it?

same navigation. for my wifi card the power setting is under "Advanced" tab. It says "Transmit Power" that can be adjusted from min to max. yours could be slight different but most likely in the same place. Set it to max.
However, keep in mind my original suggestion was not about power but power management. Both these things can be adjusted after you click Configure.

Originally Posted By: Lyondellic
This may do the trick:

Navigate to the Command Prompt [Start>>RUN>>CMD]

Type the following and press Enter: ipconfig /flushdns

Wait ~15 seconds for a message to appear saying that all went well

Type the following and press enter: ipconfig /renew

[For other options type "ipconfig /?" and press Enter]

Once the prompt returns type "exit" press Enter and reboot

This is what i got from doing this,No operation can be performed on Wireless connection 3 while it has its media disconnected . An error occurred while renewing interface Local Area Connection : the rpc server is unavailable

The only time that i use it wireless-wise is when i'm at hotels,thus no messing with the router.How can i d/l or update the wireless driver?

The only time that i use it wireless-wise is when i'm at hotels,thus no messing with the router.How can i d/l or update the wireless driver?

You can either get the most recent "OEM" drivers, or get the most recent drivers available from the manufacturer of your laptop's website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back