Very good clear coat (spray can)?

I need to re-coat some clear coat failure on plastic gutter trim, and also I have some painted alloy wheels I am going to refinish before snow tires go on them. I want to make sure I use a really good clear coat on each application.

A few years ago I used some Rustoleum "Painters Touch" 2X Clear on some headlights I refinished. I think it was four years ago - they look good still and that car has never been garaged so outside 24/7 - though this is the Seattle area, not Phoenix.

Any other recommendation for a readily availalble off-the shelf Clear coat? Also perhaps a bright silver for the alloys? Something durable.

Thanks!

I believe it is/pretty certain it is. It seems up to the task to me, but I don't paint exterior parts much so wondering if something was better for the money/similar money - or to use as a point of comparison for those who know more about this than I do.

From what I've read the best clear coat available in a spray can is the 2K Clear Coat from SprayMax which is the only true 2 part clear coat in a can on the market. The hardener in a 2K paint adds a lot of durability which is why every true automotive paint is a 2K paint. The downside is the cost, and you only have 24 hours to use the can once the hardener is mixed in.

From what I've read the best clear coat available in a spray can is the 2K Clear Coat from SprayMax which is the only true 2 part clear coat in a can on the market.

(y)

Good to know! If I had known about that I would have used it on the headlights in the past (if it was around then). gutter trim is pretty small and the wheels can be ready to clear at the same time. $20 for a can sounds like enough for the job and worth the added expense given they are wheels and will be outdoors all the time.

Back