Venom GT: Ridiculous!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hennessey Performance takes a Lotus Exige, removes 90% of it's factory parts and replaces them with their own. It's a 2700 lb car with 1200hp.

0-60 in 2.5
0-200 in 15.3
crazy2.gif

Venom GT Specs

wp-rear34.jpg

This is for the 2011 model:
The 750-hp Hennessey Venom GT price starts at $725,000, while the 1,200-hp version starts at $1,000,000. If you want the car in Europe, the Hennessey Venom GT price goes up by another $25,000.

Loosely based on a Corvette LS9 from the ZR-1 engine, with the supercharger replaced by two turbochargers, even in Certain Death mode it's still barely ticking over. According to Hennessey, it's been designed and constructed to produce close to 2,000bhp if needed.

Two thousand? "Oh yeah, there's plenty more in there," he says, matter of factly

Truly an amazing machine but expensive and way too powerful for daily use. The 750hp version is do-able on the street.

here's another pic to drool over.

spyder-800.jpg

Very nice and fast! It makes me think of the SSC Tuatara w/ 1350 HP, 0-60 in 2.5, and a top speed of 276mph!

images.jpg

$1.3 million though.

I doubt cost will be a factor between any of them. if you can spring 1 mil, i am sure you can cough up another 300k, or if you can afford a 750k car, you can cough up the full mil for the 1200HP version.

Beastly.

70 to 215 mph without hardly even downshifting and not even going over 6,000 rpm! That's the fastest acceleration I think I've ever seen from a car!

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
The only problem here is Hennessey himself!

Yes, that is one quite ill little machine, IF you trust that man. (MOST whom have dealt with him in the past most certainly DO NOT!)

What's the issue with him?

Originally Posted By: Anies
A quick google search of Hennessy motorsports shows he has a bunch of lawsuits against him for failing to do the work he was contracted to do, missing money, etc.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20020405/FREE/204050704

and Hennessy getting owned in a 300C board:
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/general-discussion/21978-efool-gets-punked-his-own-board.html

Not a lot of love for the guy.

Yes, it is quite amazing that he is still in business (I'm sure SRT8 could expound on this even more
wink.gif
), but still, he does have some sick ideas/projects!

Only one name I would trust for the money being spent and its Ligenfelter(sp?).

They don't beat around the bush and have a much better rep.

John was the KING of torque. He really understood that torque is what moves things, and his cam designs were fantastic in a street car. Does anyone remember long ago when he showed up for a Car and Driver top speed shootout with a stock bodied Camaro and went over 200 mph?? He literally blew everyone's mind.

Plus he was never known for ripping people off!

http://www.caranddriver.com/columns/he-ran-pretty-good-and-so-did-his-cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back