Vehicle stalling

2007 Saturn Ion stalling and needed jumping while idling for a couple of minutes. I had to go get her last night as it stalled and wouldn't start. Customer was told battery was New and alternator was bad. She just bought it with 275k. I pulled codes with none showing. I checked voltage at computer as well as battery which in trunk and voltage was 12.2 so I then checked at alternator grounding with engine (voltage 14.2) 2 volts more. Check fuse box (12.2) to body ground and 14.2 with meter on engine. Followed grounds to transmission when I noticed new transmission and ground on transmission open. Tried to remove and bolt was cross threaded which I broke off in transmission housing. Moved computer wire to bolt holding transmission to engine and smaller wires to head at intake. 14.2 voltage to battery as well as computer. High fan and ac fan started working. Someone pulled radio out cause it wasn't working so I didn't have that to check. Just goes to show throwing a part at something is not the best bet although lots get lucky

Back