Valvoline's Code Stamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked Valvoline how to read their code on the back of my Maxlife Synthetic bottle to determine when it was bottled.

My code: E044H 0626

Valvoline's response:

"Thank you for your note. Your product was bottled on May 04 2004. The first letter is the month, the second two numbers are the day, and the third number is the year".

So, if you're like me and you want your Valvoline oil fresh, now you know how to read it. I'm sure this code applies for all of Valvoline's oil.

And if you're not a Valvoline guy (most of BITOG
frown.gif
) then you wasted your time reading this post!!
wink.gif

Darryl
cheers.gif

EDIT: After looking at some back posts', TallPaul has all ready posted this info
pat.gif
..................That newbies is why you need to use the "search feature"!!
wink.gif

[ July 21, 2005, 12:00 PM: Message edited by: Darryl ]

Don't use Valvoline, but this seems much like the code auto battery manufacturer's use. I was once trying to figure out when my battery was made and never thought about the month being a letter code.
pat.gif
Tire codes are weird too, but the codes will tell you which plant made them and everything.

Battery date codes are often the month and year...E3 would show the manufacture date of May, 2003. Tire date codes are the week and year of manufacture. The last four digits of the DOT code are the date...2302 would be the 23rd week of 2002. Before 2000, the year was just one digit.

The first two letters or numbers in the DOT code on a tire indicate the plant that made the tires.
http://www.harriger.com/tires.htm

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back