valvoline rebate

I usually don't fall for rebates because of the hassle and wait. I tried the current valvoline $5 rebate and was quite surprised. All you need to do is upload a copy of an online purchase or a picture of your in store receipt. I had that done in about 20 seconds. The best part is after uploading it was approved in about 30 minutes and I was sent a redemption link. Following the link I was given the option to get a pay pal credit or paper check. I did the paypal as I had already entered my email address and it was done. It takes three days for pay pal to see the credit but it has been final processed. All together it took me about 20 seconds to do in about 30 minutes I had my rebate. You can do this a max of 6 times and I have done it four so far with similar results. One time I had to wait overnight for the redemption link but it was never more than a day. Gone are the days of waiting six WEEKS for a rebate to maybe come back. I won't put up with the snail mail three month process anymore now that I know it can be done almost instantly.

I just wanted it known that this is one rebate that works and for 20 seconds of submitting you get your money back in 2 days. I put the most recent one in on sat and paypal now has it, Monday, two days later.

I might buy a few of these.
It says on their website :

"*Receipts must be submitted within 30 days of purchase. Limit of 5 unique purchase receipts for rewards points, per account, per calendar year.

Maximum receipt uploads for rewards points is 5 unique purchase receipts, per account, per calendar year. Trading of proof-of-purchase/receipts is strictly prohibited. Program limited to United States only."

This is good to know, because the last time Valvoline had a rebate it was a hassle and waste of time for me. And I don't think I've purchased anything from Valvoline since. But I may revisit it again now that I'm hearing it's doable.

This is good to know, because the last time Valvoline had a rebate it was a hassle and waste of time for me. And I don't think I've purchased anything from Valvoline since. But I may revisit it again now that I'm hearing it's doable.
Well the last time Valvoline had a rebate I got two jugs of their Modern Engine for $15 each at AZ and got a $10 per Jug rebate. $5 a Jug isn't going to cause any marketing Tsunami here!

Submitted mine and requested a check be mailed to me and had in two weeks, this is by far the fastest I have ever received a rebate. Now I have to remember to go cash it before it expires.

Last edited:
Submitted mine and requested a check be mailed to me and had in two weeks, this is by far the fastest I have ever received a rebate. Now I have to remember to go cash it before it expires.
I put mine under a refrigerator magnet to remind me. :)

Are there restrictions on where you have to purchase from?
I don't think so ... just need a receipt that shows a valid oil purchase.

I bought three 5-qt jugs at Walmart and all were on the same receipt. Just circled them and send in a photo and got $15 back.

Here's the Valvoline link on the rebate. Rules are in the link where you submit the rebate.

That's interesting. I did an OCI this month using V-EP 0W-20. So mine will not qualify. Oh, well. 😩

That's interesting. I did an OCI this month using V-EP 0W-20. So mine will not qualify. Oh, well. 😩
When did you buy the oil?

Valvoline says: "Valvoline products are sold between 5/3/21 and 5/31/22. Limit six (6) rebates per email address, phone number or household."

Notice it's 2021 to 2022.

Link to do the on-line rebate was given in post #14 above.

When did you buy the oil?

Valvoline says: "Valvoline products are sold between 5/3/21 and 5/31/22. Limit six (6) rebates per email address, phone number or household."

Notice it's 2021 to 2022.

Link to do the on-line rebate was given in post #14 above.
I purchased the 5qt & 3: 1qt bottle just this month. That (5/3/21 and 5/31/22) got me fooled LOL. I thought it's only for the month of May 2022. I will submit the 5 qt jug for the rebate. Thank you so much ZeeOSix (y):D
:D

Last edited:
Well the last time Valvoline had a rebate I got two jugs of their Modern Engine for $15 each at AZ and got a $10 per Jug rebate. $5 a Jug isn't going to cause any marketing Tsunami here!
I‘m mistaken...I have purchased Valvoline since that rebate I was talking about. It was during autozones clearance a couple years ago...picked up a bunch of “Modern Engine”. Didn’t use a rebate though (on that one).

Yeah that is super easy, still waiting on my PP rebate for over a month now and it just says processing. Rrr.

Back