Valvoline Modern Engine 5w30 VOA

Originally Posted by Ignatius
Originally Posted by buster
If I had to guess, the SA of this oil is probably around .8-.9. They aren't using a lot of MoDTC or any other visible metallic additives. As I said in another thread, this oil and Mobil 1 AP/EP are your best bet for GDI engines IMO.

I think Valvoline Modern Engine is a carbon deposit cleaner, Valvoline Advanced Synthetic is a carbon deposit preventer.

None of them clean IVD's. VME is a formulation using a unique detergent system and also has a low SA to help prevent IVD's. Looks anemic but it's not.

agreed. Our Hyundai 1.6 T-GDI runs great on VME. I bought 10 jugs last year at AZ sale. I’m sad it’s no longer on shelves.

It appears weak on paper, but the engine is staying spotless and runs quiet.

agreed. Our Hyundai 1.6 T-GDI runs great on VME. I bought 10 jugs last year at AZ sale. I’m sad it’s no longer on shelves.

It appears weak on paper, but the engine is staying spotless and runs quiet.

Cool, I might try some in my 1.6L Gamma GF4D that runs better on 5w30 instead of 0w/5w-20. The KV100 is light enough that this engine spec'ed for 5w-20 should be happy. This stuff can still be had on the shelves of Meijer stores and they run promotions often enough that you can buy it at a reasonable price.

Base oil fail that is.

I don't think so, I know a lot of people who are on the lookout for lightweight 0w/5w-30 oils to run in place of a 0w/5w-20 to include myself in two of my vehicles.

Last edited:
Go to see this of the 1.6 ltr. of the ACCENT. Hopefully , the SHELL Rotella Gas Truck ( SN , SN+ , GF-5 ) 5w-30 will hold up well .

Back