Valvoline maxlife synthetic blend

Just out of curiosity, how many people here use Valvoline maxlife synthetic blend, if so how long have you been using it? And what is your mileage? I have a 13 Ford Edge with a 3.5 I've been using 5W20 weight for the last few years I have about 113,000 MI, I just got a UOA back absolutely no metals, showing absolutely no signs of wear, and plenty of TBN left in the oil.

I've used MaxLife in 5W30 grade in the FORMULA in my signature. I have some mild drips of oil and the MaxLife was the first HM oil I had ever used. It seemed to work quiet well however, I have used other HM oils as well over the past 10 or so years and I have just a drip of oil now and no noticeable blow by. Currently, I am using 5W30 RGT FULL SYN, even though I know it's not a HM oil.

Last edited:
I have used lots of Valvoline DuraBlend semi-synthetic, which I believe is just like the Valvoline MaxLife synblend but without the extra seal conditioners. It's a great oil, I favour the DuraBlend 10W40 that's rated API SN/CF (probably SP now) and Euro ACEA A3/B4. My OCI was 10,000km / 6,200 miles.

6DD8AAA4-990C-4FAB-9F51-42AF110524CC.jpg

Been using 5w30 maxlife in 2011 Silverado for two years. I had a slight oil leak, can't confirm the exact root cause. The leak stopped after about 2,000 miles, used Maxlife ever since. I've tried "snake oils" in the past for different problems. Maxlife is the real deal, cheap and readily available at wally world.

I have used lots of Valvoline DuraBlend semi-synthetic, which I believe is just like the Valvoline MaxLife synblend but without the extra seal conditioners. It's a great oil, I favour the DuraBlend 10W40 that's rated API SN/CF (probably SP now) and Euro ACEA A3/B4. My OCI was 10,000km / 6,200 miles.

View attachment 72795
Ran a GM 4.3L V6 to over 275,000 miles on Durablend 5W-30 oil before selling it. Compression was fine all around when sold. Good stuff.

I used any time ago Maxlife 10w40 and 5w40 here in UE. Valvoline it's one of my preferred brand price/quality, specially when it has base oil from Neste and good price.

Today I'm using All Climate which has that formulation and price is good.

At least for UE market, main difference between durablend and MaxLife were two:
- Different base oil mix
- Different additive. Clearly stronger ZDDP, detergent and seals care for MaxLife

I've been using Maxlife 10W-30 in my Ram truck for at least 15 years. Engine has about 175,000 miles and still strong. Great oil at a great price. A lot of good H.M. oils out there, though.

Maxlife and Valvoline Conventional are all my grandfather's ever used along with Fram orange cans , well the equvalent Fram cartridge in the case of the Celebrity with the TechIV duke he's had, ran all of the cars over 200k, only got rid of them because the rest of the car rusted away.

Just out of curiosity, how many people here use Valvoline maxlife synthetic blend, if so how long have you been using it? And what is your mileage? I have a 13 Ford Edge with a 3.5 I've been using 5W20 weight for the last few years I have about 113,000 MI, I just got a UOA back absolutely no metals, showing absolutely no signs of wear, and plenty of TBN left in the oil.
And for what it’s worth that’s because of engine design/condition and the operating environment, not the oil.

Back